- Active and outdoor
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Temples & Pyramids Discover the amazing Pharaonic architecture of northern Sudan there are more pyramids here than in Egypt.
- Nubian hospitality Enjoy a traditional welcome as guests in the village of Soleb.
- Desert landscapes Get off the beaten track in this little visited tourist destination.
- Nile Take an exhilarating cruise along the world's longest river to discover its hidden treasures.
Travel through the scenic Nile Valley and into the desert on this trip to discover Sudan, home to some of the friendliest people on the planet. Explore well-preserved sandstone temples, pharaonic and the pyramids of the Royal Necropolis of Meroe. Temples & Pyramids - Discover the ancient architecture of northern Sudan, home to more pyramids than Egypt Nubian hospitality - Enjoy a traditional welcome as guests in the village of Soleb Desert landscapes - Camp under a starlit sky and follow in the footsteps of the nomadic Bishari tribe
Day 1 : Join trip in Khartoum
Day 2 : Full day city tour including the souk in Omdurman; late afternoon attend a Nuba wrestling match
Day 3 : Visit of Coptic Christian Temples at Old Dongola
Day 4 : Temple of Soleb and overnight stay in Nubian house
Day 5 : Visit the Temple of Sesibi, experience Sudanese hospitality
Day 6 : Exploring the mud temple Defuffas of Kerma
Day 7 : Petrified forest and sunset trip to Jebel Barkal
Day 8 : Nile cruise and afternoon visit of the Pyramids of Nuri
Day 9 : Driving through the Bayuda Desert, overnight at the Atrun Crater
Day 10 : Explore the Royal Necropolis and the Royal City of Meroe
Day 11 : Visit temples of Naga, return to Khartoum and see Whirling Dervishes
Day 12 : Trip ends in Khartoum
- 11 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Grand Holiday Villa Hotel (3 nights)
- Old Dongola Wild Camp (1 night)
- Soleb Nubian House (1 night)
- Tombois Pre Set Camp (1 night)
- Karima Nubian Rest House (3 nights)
- Wild Camp (1 night)
- Meroe Tented Camp (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Khartoum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sudan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 230 today.
- Earn US$ 153+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Sudan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Sudan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sudan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.