- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Temples & Pyramids Discover the amazing Pharaonic architecture of northern Sudan there are more pyramids here than in Egypt.
- Nubian hospitality Enjoy a traditional welcome as guests in the village of Soleb.
- Desert landscapes Get off the beaten track in this little visited tourist destination.
- Nile Take an exhilarating cruise along the world's longest river to discover its hidden treasures.
Travel through the scenic Nile Valley and into the desert on this trip to discover Sudan, home to some of the friendliest people on the planet. Explore well-preserved sandstone temples, pharaonic and the pyramids of the Royal Necropolis of Meroe. Temples & Pyramids - Discover the ancient architecture of northern Sudan, home to more pyramids than Egypt Nubian hospitality - Enjoy a traditional welcome as guests in the village of Soleb Desert landscapes - Camp under a starlit sky and follow in the footsteps of the nomadic Bishari tribe
Day 1 : Join trip in Khartoum
Day 2 : Full day city tour including the souk in Omdurman; late afternoon attend a Nuba wrestling match
Day 3 : Visit of Coptic Christian Temples at Old Dongola
Day 4 : Temple of Soleb and overnight stay in Nubian house
Day 5 : Visit the Temple of Sesibi, experience Sudanese hospitality
Day 6 : Exploring the mud temple Defuffas of Kerma
Day 7 : Petrified forest and sunset trip to Jebel Barkal
Day 8 : Nile cruise and afternoon visit of the Pyramids of Nuri
Day 9 : Driving through the Bayuda Desert, overnight at the Atrun Crater
Day 10 : Explore the Royal Necropolis and the Royal City of Meroe
Day 11 : Visit temples of Naga, return to Khartoum and see Whirling Dervishes
Day 12 : Trip ends in Khartoum
- 11 Breakfast, 10 Lunch, 8 Dinner
- Explore Tour Leader, Cook, Driver(s)
- 4WD, Boat
- Any international flights to/from Khartoum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sudan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 217 today.
- Save US$ 144+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Sudan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 412 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 09 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Discover Sudan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sudan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.