- duration 30 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Visit Kushite temples and climb Jebel Barkal mountain
- Visit to the Meroe pryamids and temples of Naqa and Musawwarat
- Visit the incredible and haunting Nuri pyramids
- Witness the wild antics of the Omdurman Whirling Dervish
This 30 day overland tour journeys from Addis Ababa to Khartoum through Ethiopia, Sudan
Day 1: Addis Ababa
Day 2: Debre Markos
Day 3 - 5: Bahir Dar
Day 6: Awra Amba
Day 7 - 9: Lalibela
Day 10: Mekele
Day 11: Danakil Depression
Day 12: Mekele
Day 13 - 14: Axum
Day 15: Debark
Day 16 - 18: Simien Mountains National Park
Day 19 - 20: Gondar
Day 21: Gedaref
Day 22: Khartoum
Day 23: Khartoum
Day 24: Dongola
Day 25: Wawa
Day 26: Karima
Day 27: Meroe
Day 28: Naqa
Day 29: Khartoum
Day 30: Khartoum
- Overland expedition vehicle, Boat
- 2 Dragoman crew, Local guides where necessary, 1 local crew in certain areas
- 35% Camping - 65% Hotels
- Any international flights to Khartoum and from Addis Ababa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Deserts & Mountains of Sudan & Ethiopia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Dragoman. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 199 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 132 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Deserts & Mountains of Sudan & Ethiopia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Deserts & Mountains of Sudan & Ethiopia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.