- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Countryside and village visits
- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 13+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Katunayake, Sri Lanka/ Airport Main Rd, Malé 22000, Maldives, Maldives
- Relax on a beach in the Maldives
- Explore the ruins of Sigiriya
- Experience a tuktuk ride in Kandy
- See some of the major landmarks of Colombo
This breathtaking trip starts with a city tour of Negambo, in Sri Lanka, followed by the ancient city of Sigiriya. Get the chance to visit some of the most important sites in Sigiriya, including the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, and experience an authentic village life during a tour of Hiriwadunna.
See the Temple of the Tooth and go out on a walking tour in Udawattakele Forest Reserve. Take a trip to Ath Athuru Sevana, an elephant shelter, while in Udawalwe. Explore Colombo, Sri Lanka's capital, before flying to the Maldives. Spend 5 relaxing days in the island country, soaking up the sun and relaxing on its sandy beaches before its time to head home.
Cover a wide range of must-visit places in Sri Lanka & combine it with a relaxed stay in the Maldives. For more about this trip, please refer to the itinerary below.
Thank you for a wonderful trip. We already look forward to returning to Sri Lanka!”
Day 1: Negombo
Day 2: Negombo - Sigiriya
Day 3: Sigiriya
Day 4: Sigiriya - Kandy
Day 5: Kandy
Day 6: Kandy - Nuwara Eliya
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya - Udawalwe
Day 8: Colombo
Day 9: Colombo - Male (flight)
Day 10: Your resort in the Maldives
Day 11: Your resort in the Maldives
Day 12: Your resort in the Maldives
Day 13: Your resort in the Maldives
Day 14: Male departure
- All accommodation as per the itinerary
- All transfers as per the itinerary, including pickup and drop off, domestic flights from Colombo to Male & speedboat transfer from Male's airport to your resort & back
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides
- All activities & excursions except those mentioned in the 'What's Excluded' section
- Visas to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- International flights to Colombo and from Male
- Optional excursions: Dambulla Cave Temple on Day 2 (USD10 per person) and Temple Of Tooth on Day 4 (USD 10 per person). Amounts to be paid on the spot
- Expenses that are personal in nature
- Travel insurance
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSinhala & Tamil New Year The celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on 13 and 14 April. In the period around these dates, it may be that you experience extra crowds in traffic and at places of interest. Also during the visit to the tea factory, it is possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea pickers are present. During the journey you will be accompanied by a local, English speaking guide, who is present from day 1 to day 8 during the trips by transfer and during the excursions in Sri Lanka only You have the choice in addition to the 9 inclusive excursions to book optional excursions. During the booking process you can indicate which excursions you would like to book. All excursions can be booked for min. 2 persons and include transfer. Tipping is not compulsory, but it is customary because many people working in the tourism industry depend on the tips they receive. If you are satisfied with your guide or driver, for example, then you can certainly tip at the end of your trip or excursion. Our advice during the trip is as follows: Chambermaids: about € 1 per room per night Porters: about € 1 per suitcase Chauffeurs and helpers: about € 2 per person per day Guides: about € 3 per person per day