- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Sri Maha Bodhiya tree, regarded as the first humanplanted tree in the world
- Visit Mihinthale, where the foundation of Buddhism in Sri Lanka was laid
- Explore the ruins of Anuradhapura & Galle
- Enjoy walking through the Udawatta forest, hike to Ella Rock and Little Adams Peak
Head for Kandy, the cultural capital of Sri Lanka. Take a walk through the forest of Udawattekele. Learn more about tea production in Sri Lanka during a visit to Nuwara Eliya and ride a train from Nanu Oya to Ella (seats are subject to availability). Enjoy hiking in Ella Rock and Little Adams Peak.
Participate in a meditation program and visit an elephant rescue centre. Spend the last three days of this trip in your resort in the southern coast of Sri Lanka. We will drive you to the airport after the tour is over.
Thank you for a wonderful trip. We already look forward to returning to Sri Lanka!”
Day 1: Negombo
Day 2: Anuradhapura
Day 3: Sigiriya
Day 4: Sigiriya
Day 5: Kandy
Day 6: Kandy
Day 7: Ella/Haputhale
Day 8: Ella / Haputhale
Day 9: Udawalwe
Day 10: Galle - Wadduwa or Kalutara
Day 11: Wadduwa or Kalutara
Day 12: Wadduwa or Kalutara
Day 13: Wadduwa or Kalutara
Day 14: Departure
- All transfers and destinations mentioned on the itinerary
- Alms for the temple in Mihinthale
- Cooking demonstration on day 4
- All activities and visits mentioned on the itinerary
- All meals mentioned on the itinerary
- Temple of Tooth-Kandy
- Udawalwe Safari
- Tip and other expenses of a personal nature
- Visas and travel insurance
- Any international flights to and from Colombo
- Optional excursions mentioned on the itinerary, you can book them on the spot
- Earn US$ 27+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTrain journey during the tour: The journey by train from Nuwara Eliya to Ella takes approximately 3 - 4 hours. Train tickets (2nd or 3rd class) will be arranged for you if seats are available. This is because it is not possible to reserve seats in advance You should also take into account that the train journey is carried out on a local train and is less comfortable than you might be used to. In addition to that, our agency in Sri Lanka may adjust the day of the train journey and / or the route to avoid delays and overcrowded carriages Sinhala & Tamil New Year The celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on the 13th and 14th of April. You might experience larger crowds in places of your interest. Also, during your visit to the tea factory, it is possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea picker is present This tour does not have a minimum number of participants. This means that it may happen that you are the only participant, but it is also possible that you travel with several other people. Your group can consist of a maximum of 24 participants From day 1 to day 10 of the tour, you will be accompanied by a local, English-speaking tour guide. Tipping is not compulsory, but it is customary in the tourism industry. If you are satisfied with your guide or driver, for example, then you can certainly tip at the end of your trip or your excursion Our tipping suggestions are as follows: Chambermaids: about €1 per room per night Suitcases: about €1 per suitcase Chauffeurs and helpers: about €2 per person per day Guide: about €3 per person per day