- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- Walk along the busy streets and narrow alleyways of Kathmandu
- Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath
- See the panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley from atop Swoyambhunath Hill
Walk along its busy streets flanked by old buildings and ornate temples all the way to Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO world heritage site that is home to a number of temples, shrines and palaces. Nearby is the famous Freak Street, probably the most popular Hippy-era junction.
Continue your walk to Swayambhunath, a Buddhist stupa and yet another UNESCO world heritage site in the valley. It is popularly known as 'Monkey Temple’ after its resident primates. Located atop a hill, the temple commands some of the most spectacular views of the entire valley. Ascend 365 steps to reach the temple.
Walk back to Thamel or, alternatively, take a taxi from Swoyambhunath to Thamel.
- Government-licensed tour guide
- Bottled water
- Tax and service charge
- Monuments entrance fees
- Tips & gratuities
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThe tour is bookable round the year and suitable for people of any age group who wish to explore Kathmandu Walking hours/tour duration depend upon individual travelers The tour is a group tour The tour is suitable for travelers staying in/around the Thamel area, including Lazimpat and King's Way