- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Phobjika Beautiful valley where black cranes come to nest
- Festivals Departures planned to coincide with colourful monastic festivals
- Everest views Unrivalled Himalaya views on the Kathmandu to Paro flight
Explore the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan on a variety of hikes that take us through peaceful villages encountering rural life. Visit some the country's most spectacular dzongs and monasteries including the fabled Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' - perched high up on a cliff face. Phobjika - Beautiful valley where black cranes come to nest Festivals - Departures planned to coincide with colourful monastic festivals Everest views - Unrivalled Himalaya views on the Kathmandu to Paro flight
Costa Rica is well up there with a couple of others in second place. A wonderful experience.”
Day 1 : Trip starts in the Nepali capital Kathmandu
Day 2 : Fly to Paro in Bhutan; museum visit and hike to Zuri Dzong
Day 3 : Drive across the Dochu La (3,100m); hike on the Divine Madman's trail and experience the Talo Festival
Day 4 : Visit Punakha Dzong; walk through fields to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Stupa
Day 5 : Hike from Longtey to the stunning glacial valley of Phobjika
Day 6 : Walks in the Phobjika Valley; visit Black Crane Centre
Day 7 : Lawala ridgeline hike; optional walk from Samtengang village
Day 8 : Trek from Dochu La; drive to Thimpu the Bhutanese capital
Day 9 : Trek through the forest to Taktsang 'Tiger's Nest' Monastery
Day 10 : Fly to Kathmandu; explore the Old City on foot
Day 11 : Trip ends in Kathmandu
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Hotel Ambassador (2 nights)
- Janka Resort (2 nights)
- Zhingkham Resort (2 nights)
- Dewachen Hotel - Phobjika (2 nights)
- Kichu Resort (1 night)
- Hotel River View (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Explore Representative
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 235 today.
- Earn US$ 156+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?