- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kathmandu and Pokhara City Tour
- Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
- Beautiful, surreal high desert mountain landscapes
- Manmade caves in Grand Canyonlike landscapes
On the Upper Mustang Trek you can explore many places and strange mysterious cave monasteries that are unique to the region. Some places are very ancient and have centuries of history to discover: places like the 2500-year-old Samdzong and Chosar villages or the walled capital city of Lo Manthang. Other ancient monasteries and castles of the 14th century are on the trails, like Luri, Yara and Konchok Ling. Fossils, which are believed to be older than the mountains, probably 3 billion years old, have been found. Colorful and unique rock formations along with canyons carved by the rivers are some of the most eye-catching sights of this region; the rock formations look like a genuine piece of artwork carved by a famous artist. Finally we can witness the lively day-to-day activities of the local people and their festivals.
Ven notre guide et Bikram notre porteur ont t trs au point et nous ont permis grce leur gentillesse et leur exprience de dcouvrir cette belle rgion.
Pour notre premier trek a a t impeccable tout point de vue.Un petit got de reviens-y ! Nous vous recommandons vraiment l'quipe de Friends Adventure Team. Clod et didier”
Day 1: Drive to Pokhara (800m)
Day 2: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) & Trek to Kagbeni.
Day 3: Trek to Chele (3050 m).
Day 4: Trek to Geling (3570m)
Day 5: Trek to Dhakmar (2820m)
Day 6: Trek to Tsarang (3560m) & Cross Mui la pass (4170m)
Day 7: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m)
Day 8: Rest and Exploration Day at Lo-Manthang
Day 9: Trek to Dhakmar (3820m)
Day 10: Trek to Syangbochen (3800m)
Day 11: Trek to Chhusang (2900m)
Day 12: Trek to Jomsom (2720m)
Day 13: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu by Luxuary Tourist Coach
Day 15: Final Departure
- Pick up and drop service from Airport to Hotel and viceversa by Private vehicle.
- Transportation by Luxuary Tourist Coach to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Flight Tickets from Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara with Airport Tax
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek.
- Trekking Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Friends Adventure Team’s Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Group Trekking Gears.
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Hotel at KTM
- Meals and Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Product Includes" Section
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical Information The above itineraries are subject to change due to condition beyond our control. This is a Guide line showing tentative camp night stops. Physical, technical and natural condition may change this above itineraries.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.