- duration 18 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit this sacred and healing destination, surrounded by stunning mountain views
- Hike along the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world
- Explore centuriesold monasteries and soak up the Tibetan culture
- Visit the ancient walled city of Lo Manthang
In and around Lo-Manthang, hikers can discover ancient monasteries, Mani walls, Buddhist shrines, Gompas and Mandalas. Lo used to be a part of the Tibetan empire and you will see houses built in the Tibetan style with white washed walls.
Mustang is an arid, treeless land of monasteries. The best season is March to October, although Upper Mustang is in the rain shadow region of Nepal, meaning trekkers can also visit during the monsoon season. Several years ago, trekking used to be organized as camping or tenting treks. Now, the area is developing simple tea houses.
We will be using Glorious Himalaya Trekking again and I would recommend them to anyone.
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival (1,350 m)
Day 2: Obtain special trekking permit of Mustang region
Day 3: Drive to Pokhara
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom and then Trek to Kagbeni (2,800 m)
Day 5: Trek to Chhuksang (2,980 m)
Day 6: Trek to Samar (3,660 m)
Day 7: Trek to Gheling (3,570 m)
Day 8: Trek to Ghami (3,520 m)
Day 9: Trek to Charang via Ghar Gompa - (3,560 m)
Day 10: Trek to Lo Manthang (3,809 m)
Day 11: Lo Manthang excursion day
Day 12: Hike to Chhosser caves and back to Lo-manthang
Day 13: Trek to Ghaami (3,490 m)
Day 14: Trek to Chhuksang (2,900 m)
Day 15: Trek to Muktinath (3,795 m)
Day 16: Trek to Jomsom
Day 17: Fly back to Pokhara then drive back to Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure Day
- Airport and hotel transfers as per the itinerary
- Welcome dinner at local restaurant in Kathmandu
- 3 nights hotel accommodations in Kathmandu city inclusive breakfast.
- 2 nights hotel accommodations in Pokhara city inclusive breakfast.
- 12 nights local guest house accommodations during the trek in the mountain region.
- Upper Mustang special trekking permits
- ACAP route trekking permits
- TIMS card fees
- An experienced trekking guide for the trek
- Three meals everyday while on the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Round domestic airfares (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara)
- Round trip long range transportation by luxurious tourist bus
- First aid medical kit box and hiking pole
- All the applicable taxes and company service charge.
- Kathmandu sightseeing
- Nepal entry visa and international flights
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra nights in Pokhara and Jomsom other than the itinerary
- Tips to the trekking staff
- Porter for the trek.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.