- duration 25 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike in an isolated and less touristy region of Nepal
- Visit Phoksundo Lake, the deepest lake in Nepal
- Visit world heritage sites in Kathmandu city
- Experience thrilling mountain flights
Join us for a once in a lifetime trek to this astounding region. The visitor to this region will be confronted with mesmerizing views of the gigantic mountain peaks of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Kanjirowa mountain ranges. Similarly, the trek travels via different Himalayan passes where you can enjoy the beauty of Phoksundo Lake, the deepest lake in Nepal. You may also get to see beautiful and rare animals like the snow leopard.
This region will surely inspire you as it has so many others. To some, the area may already be familiar: the Oscar-nominated movie, The Caravan, was filmed in the Dolpo region, and the books “The Snow Leopard” by Peter Matthiessen and “Himalayan Pilgrimage” by David Snellgrove also contributed a lot to expose the Dolpo to the outer world.
Though this trek can be physically challenging, the region is no less than a Himalayan heaven.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing and preparation for the trek.
Day 3: Fly to Nepalgunj
Day 4: Fly to Juphal
Day 5: Trek to Chhepka - (2838m)
Day 6: Trek to Palam - (3820m)
Day 7: Trek to Phoksundo Lake - (3620m)
Day 8: Acclimatization day at Phoksundo Lake
Day 9: Trek to Salla Ghari - (3640m)
Day 10: Trek to Lar Tsa - (4120m)
Day 11: Trek to Shey Gompa - (4320m)
Day 12: Rest day
Day 13: Trek to Namgung - (4430m)
Day 14: Trek to Saldang - (4046m)
Day 15: Trek to Sibu - (4000m)
Day 16: Trek to foot of the Jengla - (4480m)
Day 17: Trek to Tokyo Gaon - (4240m)
Day 18: Trek to Dho Tarap - (4200m)
Day 19: Trek to Serkam - (3623m)
Day 20: Trek to Tarakot - (2280m)
Day 21: Trek to Dunai - (2109m)
Day 22: Trek to Juphal - (2404m)
Day 23: Flight to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
Day 24: Kathmandu Rest day
Day 25: Departure day
- All the airport and hotel transfers by private jeep/van as per the itinerary.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu city, inclusive of breakfast.
- One day Kathmandu sightseeing escorted by our city tour guide. (Entrance fees excluded)
- All the domestic airfares and airport taxes
- Tented accommodation while on the trek.
- Full board meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner, with hot tea and coffee)
- Professional trekking guide for the trek.
- Supporting porters to carry your loads and all the camping equipments.
- All the essential trekking permits and entrance fees for the trek.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical restaurant with cultural dance show.
- Appreciation certificate after completion
- First aid medical kit box.
- Trekking route map for the trek.
- Nepal entry visa and international flights.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- Any alcoholic beverages and cold drinks during the trek.
- Extra nights in trekking regions or in Kathmandu if your flight is cancelled due to bad weather.
- Tips to the trekking crews.
- Earn US$ 158+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationOccasionally, flights may be cancelled due to weather or other circumstances (especially mountain flights), so we recommend you add some extra days in Nepal before your returning flight in case.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.