- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4845 meters
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the mystique hidden land of Inner Dolpo
- With its untouched Tibetan Buddhism and Bonpo culture Walk through desolate, stunning land
- Shey Gompa and other Buddhist monasteries
- Alpine meadows and challenging high passes
The upper Dolpo is the home of herbs, areas of unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, Buddhist monuments; un-interrupted local communities. The people of Dolpo have a primitive lifestyle with their own dialect and culture. Dolpo was open to tourists only after 1990. Tourists are required to obtain special permits to access the area.
The culture of people inhibiting this area are one of the best preserved examples of Tibetan Buddhism in the whole world. The unique hospitality and gorgeous landscapes of the area enchants many visitors.
We will be visiting the Shey Gompa (The Crystal Monastery) which is an important pilgrimage site for Tibetans. The Dolpo trek is also known as a pilgrimage trek, created by the Tibetan Monk - Guru Rinpoche. In fact, Dolpo has been like a living library for many researchers who love to explore the beginning of the human civilization and Tibetan Buddhism.
Other highlights on this trek is Shey Phoksundo National Park—the largest national park in Nepal, Shey Phoksundo lake and its crystal waters; rocks, forests, snow capped peaks surrounding - all natural elements contributing to making Dolpo one of the world’s natural hidden gems.
We are looking forward to taking you on a great trek, cultural journey, and amazing adventure in one of Nepal hidden natural gems.
Physically out of shape taking this trek but managed to get to the EBC with Suresh help. He was very professional, helpful and knowledgeable with just about any info and help I need on the trail. It was fun and I had a blast!! :)
Will book with them again if I had another chance!”
Day 1: Fly to Nepalgunj
Day 2: Fly to Juphal, Dopla (2,475m) & Trek to Dunai (2,140m)
Day 3: Trek to Raktang (2,260m)
Day 4: Trek to Rechi (2,940m)
Day 5: Trek to Phoksundo (Ringmogaon) (3,733m)
Day 6: Rest day and Exploration around Phoksundo Lake area
Day 7: Trek to Lake beach camp site (3,756m)
Day 8: Trek to Nangdalo Camp via Nangdalo (Kangia) (5,360m)
Day 9: Trek to Kang La pass (5,240m) - Shey Gompa (4,160m)
Day 10: Trek to Sela Bhanjyang (5,010m) - Namgung (4,430m)
Day 11: Trek to Yangjer Gompa (3,750m)
Day 12: Trek to Musi Gaon (4,100m)
Day 13: Trek to Musi La (5,030m) - Shimen Gaon (3,870m)
Day 14: Trek to Tinje Gaon (4,150m)
Day 15: Trek to Rakpa (4,535m)
Day 16: Trek to Mola Bhanjyang (5,027m) and to Chharka Bhot
Day 17: Trek to Molum Sumna (4,860m)
Day 18: Trek to Sangda pass (5,185m) to Sangda phedi (4,190m)
Day 19: Trek to Sangda (3,710m)
Day 20: Trek to Phalyak (3,175m)
Day 21: Trek to Jomsom (2,710m)
Day 22: Drive to Pokhara in a shared Jeep
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as per the itinerary.
- Two night’s hotel at Nepalgunj.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal -Nepalgunj-Kathmandu including airport departure taxes.
- Full board meal (veg. /non veg.) during camping, prepared by our expert cook with Tea & coffee. Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and other equipment during the camping trek. We will provide fully water proof two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Table with chairs, kitchen utensils, toilet
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Down sleeping bag / Jackets, walking sticks, and other necessary equipments during the trek. (If you don`t have you own)
- A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek. A cook, Kitchen helper, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine.
- Special Trekking upper Dolpo permit and other required paper documents.
- All our government taxes tourist service charges. Official expenses.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- The general trekking equipment
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Rescue & travel insurance and evacuation costs, if needed. We will help with the arrangement.
- TIPS for the staff – Tips are expected!
- Earn US$ 161+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.