- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness majestic views of Ganesh Himal (7,422m) & Mt. Manaslu (8,163m)
- Explore the exotic Tsum Valley
- Discover Tibetan Buddhist culture with locals with Tibetan origin in the Tsum Valley
- Trek into the remote areas of Nepal
On this trek, trekkers will be able to explore the remote and beautiful surroundings of Ganesh Himal, Bouddha Himal and Sringi Himal mountain ranges. The trek starts and concludes at Arughat, 7-8 hours drive from Kathmandu. The initial days of the trek are all about hiking to Budhi Gandaki Valley on remote trails that pass through lush forests, terraced fields and beautiful villages. The trekkers need to leave the main trail of Manaslu Circuit trek to head towards Tsum valley. The inner feeling of peace and tranquility that you get in Tsum valley trek is indescribable.
Apart from the exotic Tsum Valley north of Mt. Manaslu, the trek offers and exciting journey along the lower Budhi Gandaki regions of Liding, Machhakhola, Jagat and Philim. Ancient gombas such as Rachen Gompa, Mu Gompa and Dephyudonma Gompa are other important highlights of this trek. Lastly, the warm hospitality of Tsumba people, the indigenous ethnic community of the valley, offers a homely environment to trekkers even in such remoteness.
Tsum Valley trek is an ideal package for the travelers who love solitude and a journey far away from crowds and hustle bustle.
The trek itself is quite doable, ever for a first time trekker like me with average fitness level.
I visited in July, when the raod consitions aren't the best. So, I had a bumpy ride from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. This is expected. For those, who are visiting in the monsoon, I'd suggest to be extra careful with potential landslides and unpredictable weather where you might not see the best views.”
We will never forget those days trekking in this Everest areas with all those nature,people and mountains and hope to visit the Nepal next year also. .”
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Soti Khola (710m)
Day 2: Trek Soti Khola to Machha Khola (870m)
Day 3: Trek Machha Khola to Jagat (2340m)
Day 4: Trek Jagat to Chisopani (1660m)
Day 5: Trek Chisopani to Chumling (2,386m)
Day 6: Trek Chumling to Chokhangparo (3,010m)
Day 7: Trek Chokhangparo to Nile (3,361m)
Day 8: Trek Nile to Mu Gompa (3,700m)
Day 9: Trek Mu Gompa to Burgi Village (3,245m)
Day 10: Trek Burgi village to Chumling (2,386m)
Day 11: Trek Chumling to Philim (1,570m)
Day 12: Trek Philim to Khorlabesi (970m)
Day 13: Trek Khorlabesi to Soti Khola (700m)
Day 14: Soti Khola to Kathmandu
- Airport transfers by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- ACAP, MCAP and Manaslu and Tusm Valley restricted area permit
- Local bus from Kathmandu to Sotikhola and return
- Government licensed, experienced English speaking guide
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- All government taxes
- Accommodation in guesthouses during the trek
- Three daily meals during the trek
- First aid kit
- Trekking Map
- Fresh fruit
- Tea and coffee
- Sleeping bags and Down jackets for the trek (should refunded after trek)
- Nepal visa fees
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and medical insurance
- Beverage bills, bar bills, telephone bills and Personal expenses.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 10 kg of luggage, a cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.