- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take a trip from Lhasa to Mount Everest Base Camp (Tibetan side)
- See the tranquil Yamdrok Lake and the imposing Karola Glacier. Cross highmountain passes
- Explore Lhasa, the capital of Tibet. Visit Drepung & Sera monasteries
- Learn more about Tibetan Buddhism and culture
Drive to Gyantse via Yamadroke Lake and through the high passes of Kora La (5,010m) and Kamba La (4,794m). Visit Panchen Lama’s Tashilhumpu Monastery and enjoy a scenic, 90km drive from Xegar to Ronbuk through the beautiful Tibetan countryside.
Hike up to Everest Base Camp (Tibetan side) early in the morning on Day 7 before taking the trans-Himalayan road back to Kathmandu via Kerong. Please scroll down to the itinerary section for more details.
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,650m)
Day 2: Discover Lhasa
Day 3: Lhasa sightseeing tour continues
Day 4: Lhasa – Gyantse (3,950m) –Shigatse
Day 5: Shigatse – Xegar (4,200m)
Day 6: Xegar – Ronbuk (4,980m)
Day 7: Ronbuk – Everest Base Camp – Kerong
Day 8: Kerong – Kathmandu
- Accommodation in hotels & guest houses as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing tours carried out by experienced, English speaking Tibetan tour guides
- Breakfasts as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers. Land transport by a van or a bus
- Kathmandu to Lhasa airfare
- Entrance to the monasteries
- Tibet travel permit and Chinese group visa fees
- International airline tickets (except one-way, Kathmandu - Lhasa flight)
- Nepal visa charges
- Travel insurance with high altitude evacuation and rescue
- Accommodation in Kathmandu is not included in the tour price
- Lunch and dinner are not included
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Drinks & mineral water
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that you must be in Kathmandu four working days prior to the trip start date to apply for the visa. It takes three working days to get the visa done. Travelers are requested to send us their passport copy at least 15 days prior to arrival. Your safety is of paramount importance to us at Alpine Club of Himalaya. We have the absolute authority to cancel the trip or change the itinerary, when deemed necessary or when we have reason to believe your safety is at stake. Weather conditions, the health condition of group members, natural disasters and similar can contribute to changes in the itinerary when traveling in remote mountainous regions. In these extreme situations, we kindly request that you offer your full cooperation to the trusted leader of the group appointed by Alpine Club of Himalaya. However, we assure you that we will make every effort to keep to the above itinerary.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.