- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek in a region seldom visited by westerners, near Langtang and Ganesh Himal
- Take in stunning views of the Langtang Himal
- Feel the warmth of the local Tamang people and Tibetan tradition
- Experience a fully supported camping based trek with three meals per day prepared by our cooks
Experience the seldom visited Tamang region on this stunning short trek in the Tibetan borderlands. The 'Tamang Heritage Trail' is an exciting trekking route located between Langtang and the Ganesh Himal. A culturally rich region steeped in Tibetan tradition, the local Tamang people are some of the warmest and most welcoming people in Nepal. Within easy access of Kathmandu we ascend the road north towards the Tibetan borderlands and enjoy a circuit trek through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys where few trekkers venture. Continuing north towards Tibet we soak up the heritage and appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. We take a rest day in Briddim to observe the construction of the new monastery and discover more about the local traditions of this wonderful region. Away from the main tourist trail, Tamang is a rewarding Himalayan region to visit.
Please note that the condition of the trails in this region have changed since the earthquake of 2015. Trekkers should be prepared for a few sections of less defined trails, with some steeper and longer climbs and some longer trekking days. Some of the villages, including Briddim and Thuman, were damaged by the earthquake. We use the same trails as those used by the locals who live here, and you will observe first-hand the rebuilding and regeneration that is taking place here following the 2015 earthquake.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu
Day 3 : Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, drive approx. 7-8 hrs (depending upon road conditions)
Day 4 : Trek to Gatlang (2238m). Walk approx. 7-8 hrs
Day 5 : To Tatopani (2607m). Walk approx. 5-6 hrs
Day 6-7 : Trek to Nagthali (3165m). Walk approx. 4hrs & Rest Day
Day 8 : Trek to Thuman (2338m). Walk approx. 3-4 hrs
Day 9 : Trek to Briddim (2239m) Walk approx. 5-6 hrs
Day 10 : Return trek to Syabrubesi. Walk Approx. 4hrs
Day 11 : Return drive to Kathmandu (approx 7 hours)
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 12 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$350
- Expert bilingual guide and group medical kit
- Use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porters insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Save US$ 60+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tamang Heritage Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Tamang Heritage Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tamang Heritage Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.