- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Private and Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 35
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Summit Mera Peak, the most soughtafter trekking peak in Nepal
- Trek through highland Sherpa villages enjoying magnificent views of the Himalayas
- See amazing views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu & Makalu mountains from Mera's summit
Start your journey to the Himalayas with an exciting flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Head for the rural village of Pangkoma next and continue your journey to Mera Peak High Camp (5,200m) via Ningshow, Chhatra Khola, Kothe, Thagnak and Khare. Trek steadily to allow your body to acclimatize to the increasing altitude.
Summit the mountain via its northern face. This route requires less technical skills even if it is physically demanding. Enjoy stunning views of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga mountains, all above 8000m, from the peak before starting your journey down.
The itinerary has been carefully designed with both novice and experienced mountaineers in mind. You will receive training before summiting the peak. However, some prior experience in climbing and mountaineering will be of much help. Your mountaineering guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit along with a satellite phone (for emergency communication), oxygen cylinder, portable altitude chamber and other necessary equipments and climbing gear with him to ensure that the climb is carried out in comfort and safety.
Thank you very much firstly for choosing us and writing this great review for us. We appreciate it a lot and willing to serve you again in near future.
Nepal Climbing Team”
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing such detailed review for your trek with us here in Bookmundi. We hope that the scene views and the natural beauty added up more on your memories and experience. We would be more happy to have you again to explore more of this beautiful land.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Thank you for your short and sweet review.
Basic climbing training is done at Khare Camp.”
Thank you for sharing about your experience with us here on Bookmundi .We really appreciates you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu - Lukla (flight) & trek to Chutok
Day 3: Chutok - Pangkongma via the Khari La Pass
Day 4: Pangkongma - Ningsho
Day 5: Ningsow - Chhatra Khola
Day 6: Chhatra Khola - Kothe
Day 7: Kothe - Thangnak
Day 8: Acclimatisation day in Thangnak
Day 9: Thangnak - Khare
Day 10: Khare - Mera Peak High Camp
Day 11: Mera Peak High Camp - Mera Peak summit
Day 12: Reserve day
Day 13: Khare - Kothe
Day 14: Kothe - Thuli Kharka
Day 15: Thuli Kharka - Lukla
Day 16: Lukla - Kathmandu (flight)
Day 17: Buffer day
Day 18: Transfer to airport, departure back home
- Airports pickup and drop off. Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight tickets
- 3 night's tourist-standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast. Guesthouse and tented camp accommodation during the trek
- Mera Peak climbing permit fee. Fees to Makalu Barun National Park & Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality
- Full-course meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- One high-altitude climbing leader (a Sherpa guide) licensed by the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) for the summit attempt
- A first aid medical kit & an oxymeter. We will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements in case of an emergency
- Group climbing equipment such as ropes, ice axe, ice screws, snow bars, and carbine. A satellite phone (for emergency contact)
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- All applicable taxes
- Nepal visa fees (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days)
- Personal climbing gear (crampons, climbing boots, climbing clothes)
- International flight tickets
- Travel and/or medical insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Bar and beverage bills
- Extra nights in hotels in Kathmandu (early arrival, late departure or early return from the mountain)
- Meals in Kathmandu except for what is mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Tips for your guide & porter
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.