- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the famous hill stations of Sikkim and tea plantations of Darjeeling
- Absorb diverse Buddhist traditions with visits to Rumtek Monastery and Takstang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery
- Trek through forests and over passes to experience the stunning mountain views in Sikkim
- Journey between India and Bhutan to appreciate the beautiful villages and landscapes of the region
A spectacular trek in the Kanchenjunga region of Sikkim combined with a cultural tour in Bhutan. This is an exhilarating itinerary combining a spectacular trek in Sikkim with a journey to the Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan. Our introductory trek follows trails through magnificent rhododendron forest (in full bloom in May) to verdant yak grazing pastures where we camp beneath the magnificent backdrop of Kanchenjunga. In between we visit the renowned hill station of Darjeeling, the thriving capital of Gangtok and the legendary town of Kalimpong. Travelling to Bhutan we have opportunities for day walks to visit the ancient dzongs (forts) and Buddhist monasteries in the Paro and Thimphu valleys to appreciate the rich cultural heritage of the kingdom.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : Fly Bhadrapur, drive to Darjeeling
Day 3 : In Darjeeling
Day 4 : Drive to Yuksom (approx. 6hrs.)
Day 5 : Commence trek to Bakhim (Walk approx. 6-7hrs.)
Day 6 : Bakhim to Pethang camp (Walk approx. 5-6hrs.)
Day 7 : Pethang to Dzongri (Walk approx. 3hrs.)
Day 8 : At Dzongri
Day 9 : Dzongri to Thansing (Walk approx. 4hrs.)
Day 10 : Thansing to Tsoka village (Walk approx. 5-6hrs.)
Day 11 : Tsoska to Yuksom (Walk approx. 5-6hrs.)
Day 12 : Drive to Gangtok (drive approx. 6hrs.)
Day 13 : In Gangtok
Day 14 : Drive to Kalimpong (approx. 6hrs)
Day 15 : Drive to Phuentsholing (Bhutan) (6-7hrs.)
Day 16 : Drive to Thimphu (6-7hrs.)
Day 17 : In Thimphu
Day 18 : Drive to Paro (1-1/2hrs.)
Day 19 : In Paro
Day 20 : Trip concludes in Paro
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu/Darjeeling/Gangtok/Kalimpong/Thimphu/Paro
- 19 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners
- Internal flight Kathmandu/Bhadrapur approx US$130
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 20
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All group camping equipment
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry 20kg of personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Bhutan Government visa and sustainability fees
- International flights
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- visas (excluding Bhutan)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 258 today.
- Earn US$ 171+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sikkim Bhutan Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Sikkim Bhutan Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sikkim Bhutan Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.