- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 2 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ years old
- max group size 20
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get a break from the city in Shivapuri National Park and Kakani
- Stunning views of the Himalayas from foothills Surya Chaur
- Enjoy a comfortable camping experience with organic food and a campfire
- Experience the unique culture of Tamang people and local organic farms
Spend the first day trekking alongside Tamang villages with stunning views of the Himalayas until our remote camp, where we will stay the night in a luxury camping experience. Enjoy a barbecue dinner and campfire. The next day we’ll tour the area with a local guide and visit an organic farm before having lunch and returning to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Drive to Gurje Bhangyang and trek to Kakani
Day 2: Hiking and back to Kathmandu.
- Free pick up and drop off service from your hotel in Kathmandu
- Lunches, dinner and breakfast with tea or organic coffee
- Local transport
- Friendly, reliable and licensed English-speaking guide
- One night accommodation in luxury tent or private camping tent with comfortable camping equipment
- Park entry
- Private car to Gurjebhangyang
- Return trip private transport
- Porter service
- Personal drinks and bar bills (at camp we provide you with filter water)
- Travel Insurance
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationThe luxury tent villas are fully furnished, with light and plug-in facilities, free wifi access, luxury beds with comfortable mattresses, clean towels, and sandals for walking around. Hot showers are available at camp on a sharing basis.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
How much should my backpack weigh?
A properly packed backpack (not including your day pack) should ideally not weigh more than 13 kg. It is also important to note that if you are taking a flight to the start of your trek, many smaller aircraft have weight restrictions. For example, if you are flying from Kathmandu to Lukla, you are only allowed 10kg of checked luggage, and 5 kg of hand baggage. Thus, in case of a small flight, you should ideally pack a 10 kg backpack for checked luggage, and then add 5 kg in your hand baggage. You can then re-shuffel the weigt once you start your trek at the trailhead.
- Do I need a porter?
Do I require a porter for carrying water?
On most popular treks you can expect plenty of places where you can refill your water bottle, meaning you don’t need to carry a huge water supply with you. Bring an extra bottle of water if you are concerned. If you already have a porter, you can ask him/her to carry water as long as it is within the weight limit. Another option is to carry water purification tablets or LifeStraw, both of which can be found in Kathmandu.
When should I arrive in Kathmandu before the tour?
We suggest that you arrive at least one day prior to the start day of the trek because the tour operators usually require one working day to arrange trekking permits. Arrive earlier if you want to explore Kathmandu on your own or acclimate to any time differences.