- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Exploring the fascinating city of Lhasa, visit Potala Palace
- See monks debate in Sera Monastery
- Enjoy the sight of the Bramhaputra River
- Visit Drepung Monastery, the Jokhang Temple, Tashi Lhunpo Monastery and the Kumbum Stupa
Enjoy the panoramic views of the soaring peaks of Mount Everest, Cho Oyu and Shisapangma from the Roof of the World. Stroll through the ancient Bharkhor, an area of narrow streets and bustling markets, and explore Potala Palace, once the abode of the Dalai Lama.
Get the chance to observe the socio-cultural life of the Tibetan people. See the Rongbas with their yaks and the popular street performances being carried out in its towns and cities. See pilgrims as they circumambulate holy Buddhist sites. Learn more about this once forbidden kingdom, where people have still preserved centuries-old practices.
The first days involve quite long hours of walking to get into the conservation area.
Manaslu circuit has amazing scenery and is definitely manageable (there is just one tough day when crossing the Larke pass) without a lot of previous experience in the mountains. The further you go, the nicer the scenery is. We had great weather during the entire trip, which made the scenery even more stunning! There are several spots and excursions during the trek with great views of the Manaslu itself.
Ram, our guide and Raju, our porter, were great! Ram is a knowledgable guide with 22 years experience who was very funny, chatty, caring, cheerful and took good care of us throughout the trip. He was very flexible, giving information and allowing us to make decisions about small changes to the itinerary (you have to be a bit flexible due to uncontrollable things like landslides etc).”
Day 1: Kathmandu to Kerung
Day 2: Drive to Tingri and Lhatse
Day 3: Drive to Xigatse (3900m)
Day 4: Drive to Gyantse (3950m)
Day 5: Drive to Lhasa (3650m)
Day 6: Tour Lhasa
Day 7: Lhasa sightseeing continues
Day 8: Departure from Lhasa
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation on a twin-sharing basis
- Daily breakfast
- Private transportation by jeep/van as per the group size
- Necessary travel permits to Tibet
- Sightseeing and entrance fees to places mentioned in the itinerary
- English-speaking Tibetan guide
- All government and local taxes
- Lhasa - Kathmandu Flight
- Lunch and dinner
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses like beverages, bottled water and tips
- A visa to Tibet
- Natural and political disturbances and unforeseen circumstances
- Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu or to your own destination
- Save +US$ 26 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Note: 1. The travellers booked any tours in Tibet are advised to arrive in Kathmandu 4 days prior the trip starts as the VISA to Tibet will take 3 working days and needs to submit 6 months valid original passport of a traveller. Tibet Visa and Permit Information All foreigners other than Chinese and Tibetan need to obtain Tibet travel permit to enter Tibet. Tibet visa called Tibet permit. It is also called invitation letter. It is issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau. Tourist / foreigners can not apply their Tibet travel permit themselves. Tibet tourism bureau only accept application from registered travel companies like Unique Adventure International Pvt. Ltd. Tibet visa or Tibet permit comes in paper, not in your passport. It is very important to know that Tibet permit and Chinese visa is different. You cannot enter Tibet just with Chinese visa. Before entering, you should obtain Tibet permit with the help of registered travel companies. Require document for Tibet Permit / Tibet Visa. 1. At least six month valid your passport copy. You can send us your passport front page by email. 2. Chinese visa copy by email (only for those travellers, who are entering Tibet from mainland China) 3. Have to fill up a form from Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu with your latest passport size of a picture. This is only case, if you are travelling from Nepal. (Unique Adventure International Pvt. Ltd. will assist with the logistic) It takes about one week time to get Tibet travel permit approval from Tibet tourism bureau. It might take longer than a week in peak season time. So applying your Tibet permit before 15 days is recommended. Special Note: Diplomat passport holders, Journalists, professional media photographers and government officials are not able to issue their Tibet permit through ordinary travel agencies. They are only able to get Tibet travelling permit under the arrangement of Foreign Affairs. We should know it earlier than applying your permit. Tibet permit and Visa cost: Other Nationalities: USD 85 per person American Nationality: USD 175 per person Romanian passport holder: USD 115 per person Canadian passport holder: USD 155 per person Brazilian Passport Holders : USD 165 per person