- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Take an unforgettable ride on a ‘street helicopter’
- Get caught up in the energy of touristfriendly Thamel
- Breathe in aromatic spices at Asan market
- Watch the world go by in Durbar Square
Temples, shrines, spice markets, palaces, hot chai, even hotter street food, and a place called Freak Street. Join this Kathmandu tour to experience the wonderful and darn right weird sights of Kathmandu by night.
As the sun goes down discover the myriad sights, sounds and smells of nighttime Kathmandu on an evening rickshaw ride through the city. Sit back and relax as your cycle rickshaw is expertly navigated through the buzzing backstreets and atmospheric laneways of this energetic place.
Start the adventure in the touristic heart of the city, Thamel. The streets here are lined with shops selling everything from pastries to pashminas, and your rickshaw seat provides the perfect platform from which to do a spot of window-shopping along the way. Soak up the hive of activity taking place as you zip through this popular part of town.
Leaving Thamel behind, head towards Durbar Square. Be sure to keep an eye out en route for many of the bustling local markets including Asan, a vegetable and spice market. This is also the oldest market square in all of Kathmandu.
Continue on to Durbar Square filled with age-old temples, palaces and shrines that are bound to enchant. Why not park yourself in one of the temple squares to witness the world go by? A truly special experience. Or perhaps sip on some local chai, be bold and taste fiery rakshi (local brew) at one of the local stalls or taverns, or simply hang out in one of the hippie era pie shops on Freak Street. It will never be a dull moment here.
After the sights and sounds of this magical place have been absorbed, climb up onto your ‘street helicopter’ (cycle rickshaw) for the return ride back to Thamel. By the end of the tour you’ll be sure to agree that getting amongst the city on a rickshaw ride through its backstreets and laneways is one of the best ways to discover authentic Kathmandu. Come and be entranced!
- English speaking guide
- Rickshaw hire
- Entrance fee to Durbar Square.
- items of a personal nature
- Tips & gratuities for guide & rickshaw driver.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Rickshaw Night Explorer tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 November 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 November 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Rickshaw Night Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rickshaw Night Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Thamel, KathmanduMeeting end point :
Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Thamel, KathmanduCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.