- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Annapurnas, including sacred 'Fishtail' Mountain.
- Walk through picturesque villages in the Annapurna foothills.
- Take a boat across Pokhara's Phewa Lake and walk to the World Peace Pagoda.
- Explore medieval Bhaktapur, one of the ancient cities of the Kathmandu Valley.
Journey to the Roof of the World with renowned RCGS photographer and Canadian Geographic Creative Director, Javier Frutos. Nepal has long drawn in active adventurers and explorers from around the world and this special photographic departure will show you why. From photographing glaciers in the Alps to penguins in Antarctica, Javier has extensive experience and will be on-hand to share the secrets to wildlife and nature photography surrounded by some of the most enchanting scenery in the world.This all-encompassing adventure brings you to the best of Nepal, from the cultural meccas of Bhaktapur and Kathmandu and the lakeside town of Pokhara where life takes on a different pace to the incredible wildlife of Chitwan and an introduction to the Annapurnas. Enjoy day walks through picturesque villages in the Annapurna foothills. Search for tigers, rhinos, crocodiles, and sloth bears during safaris by foot, jeep, and dugout canoe. Relax by the lake in Pokhara and watch the sunrise over the sacred Fishtail Mountain. Visit medieval Bhaktapur, known as the best-preserved city in the Kathmandu valley, where local artisans create handmade pottery and monks can be heard chanting in the streets.
Day 1: Start Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive to lakeside town of Pokhara, gateway to the Annapurna Range.
Day 3: Free day in Pokhara; optional excursion to Sarankot for sunrise.
Day 4: Drive to Khare; trek through forest to Australia Camp (1880m/6168ft);
afternoon bird watching walk.
Day 5: Walk through beautiful terraces to Dhampus with magnificent views of
Macchapuchhare and the Annapurnas; return to Pokhara.
Day 6: Boat across Lake Phewa; short walk to Raniban visiting the World Peace Pagoda
Day 7: Transfer to Chitwan National Park; afternoon ox-cart ride to a Tharu village
Day 8: Jeep safari, dugout canoe ride and birdwatching walk around the Chitwan area.
Day 9: Fly to Kathmandu; drive to medieval Bhaktapur.
Day 10: Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square; return to Kathmandu.
Day 11: Free to explore Kathmandu; optional scenic Everest flight.
Day 12: End Kathmandu
- 7 nights hotels/guesthouses, 2 nights comfortable jungle lodge, 1-night teahouse and 1-night mountain resort, all en suite , All accommodation
- 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners included
- Travel by private bus, boat, and one internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 3 daywalks (low altitude throughout)
- Group normally 9-16, including the RCGS guide plus local leader. Min. age 16yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this RCGS: Highlights of Nepal with Javier Frutos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this RCGS: Highlights of Nepal with Javier Frutos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
RCGS: Highlights of Nepal with Javier Frutos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this RCGS: Highlights of Nepal with Javier Frutos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.