- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Dense rhododendron forests and deep valleys below the Annapurna
- Superb view of Mt. Fishtail and Mt.Dhaulagiri from Poon hill
- Amazing sunrise from Poon hill
- Trek through the Annapurna National park.
It is possible to complete the trek in 3 days but the normal duration is 5 days. Natural diversity, an unrivaled view of the mountains from the high vantage point of Poonhill, and the picturesque view of sunrise over the Himalayas are the main attractions of this trekking route.
The adventurous journey to Poonhill passing through numerous tourist hotspots of Kaski district is very pleasant. The path winds through verdant valleys, dense rhododendron forests and icy waterfalls, where you can get some rest after some hard trekking. Around each corner is the alluring sight of the high mountains, which you will see clearly as you reach the highest point of this trek.
The trek to Poonhill involves an ascent from 1070 m to 3210 m. Throughout the trek, you can observe the picturesque mountain ranges, the amazing wilderness, the lifestyle of the native communities like Gurungs, dense rhododendron forests and deep valleys below the Annapurna, with the pleasant peak of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail Peak) dominating the horizon.
In the end, you will climb Poonhill early in the morning to enjoy the most astonishing scenery of the mountains on earth as the sun rises and touches the Himalayan giants like Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, as the orange hue slowly spills over the snowy white mountains. Mere words are insufficient to describe the sense of serenity and awe one feels when looking at the sunrise from Poonhill.
Day 1: Drive to Pokhara by bus (6 HRS)
Day 2: Pokhara - Tikhe Dhunga . (1495m).
Day 3: Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani (2850m).
Day 4: Ghorepani to Poon Hill and trek to Tadapani
Day 5: Tadapani to Ghandruk
Day 6: Ghandrungk to Birethanti and on to Pokhara.
- All your arrival and final departure from airport- Hotel- airport.
- One night standard hotel in pokhara on B/B
- All your standard meals like, Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner, during the trek.
- Tea house Accommodations during the trek.
- Equipment like sleeping bag, Down Jacket & needed things etc if you do not have your own.
- Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
- Pokhara-Nayapool-Pokhara by private transport ( car)
- Well English speaking guide, experienced, with government license holder.
- A Guide, food, Transport, Accommodation, Salary, equipments, e.t.c. All paid.
- Monastery fees.
- Insurance of staff.
- TIMS (trekkers’ Information Management System.)
- Trekking Permit. (National Park fee)
- First aid service.
- All kinds of Drink’s like Mineral water, beer Juice, Coke, fanta, other alcoholic hard drink’s, ETC.
- Extra Accommodation/ Sightseeing/ food in Kathmandu
- Sweet things like chocolate and others.
- Your personal expenses.
- Your international airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- Transport Back to Kathmandu. can be arrange if you need.
- Porter if needed
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationPease bring: -Duffel Bag (No Wheels or Rigid Frames) -Day Pack (21L-35L) Sleeping Bag (1°14°, Lightweight, Compressible) -Rain Jacket (Hooded, Lightweight, Waterproof, Breathable) -Rain Pants (Lightweight, Waterproof, Breathable) -Insulated Jacket -Fleece/Wool Jacket or Sweater -Fleece Pants -Long Sleeve Shirts (Synthetic, Lightweight) -Hiking Socks (Synthetic or Wool) -Sun Hat -Fleece/Wool Hat -Fleece/Wool Gloves -Hiking Boots -Headlamp with Fresh Batteries -Day Pack Rain Cover -Sport Sunglasses with U.V protection -Sun Block and Lip Balm -Long Underwear Tops and Bottoms (Heavyweight, Synthetic, Colder Travel Periods) -Water Bottles (Two 1-Quart) or Hydration System Plus One 1-Quart Water Bottle -Long Underwear Tops and Bottoms (Midweight, Synthetic) -Hiking Pants (Convertible, Quick-Dry, Lightweight)
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.