- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Fascinating tour with drives across the Tibet Plateau
- Enter Tibet through the newly opened border town of Kerung
- See Lhasa, the ancient capital of Tibet with its amazing architecture
- Return to Nepal by flight over the awesome snowcapped peaks of the Himalayas
The trip includes visiting palaces and ancient monasteries along with seeing some of the most interesting and beautiful countrysides in the world. The return trip is by just a short 75-minute flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
This is one of the lowest priced tours available, yet it offers the finest in scenery and culture. This is a first low-cost tour of Tibet in the industry and is now available through Buddha Treks & Expedition of Kathmandu. The Tibet on a Budget Tour doesn’t cut any of the amazing experiences but prices it within most budgets. As it is the first tour to take advantage of the overland trip through the new border crossing near Kerung.
You’ve always wanted to go to Tibet. So why not now?
Day 1: Drive to Kerung border (2,890 m)
Day 2: Drive to Shegar or New Tingri (4,350 m)
Day 3: Drive to Shigatse (3,900 m)
Day 4: Visit Tashilumpo Monastery, drive to Gyantse (3,950 m)
Day 5: Drive to Lhasa (3,650 m) via Yamdrok Tsho Lake
Day 6: Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 7: Second Sightseeing in Lhasa
Day 8: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Transportation by jeep/minibus Kathmandu - Kerung
- Transportation by jeep/minibus Kerung - Lhasa
- Transportation by car/minibus during sightseeing in Lhasa
- Accomodation in guesthouses/hotels (double/twin sharing) with breakfast included
- Detailed printed itinerary and trip map
- Guide (English speaking) en route Kerung to Lhasa and sightseeing in Lhasa
- Chinese Visa, Tibet Permit and Entrance fee
- Visa fee for (US & Canadian)
- Lhasa to Kathmandu airfare
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Flight ticket Lhasa - Kathmandu
- Bar bills (any alcohol drinks, mineral water, cold drinks, cigarettes, etc)
- Lunch and dinner where it specifies B. B. plan
- Personal clothing, other personal expenses
- Nepal visa fee (entry and reentry)
- Personal insurance
- Tips (guide/driver)
- Save +US$ 28 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.CHINESE VISA Tibet is under Chinese jurisdiction, so you are required to hold a valid Chinese visa (issued by a Chinese Embassy), as well as a valid passport. If you are coming to Lhasa from Kathmandu, it is advised to get a Chinese visa from Kathmandu (regardless of whether you already have a Chinese visa issued in your country) as a special administrative situation exists between China and Nepal. TIBET TRAVEL PERMITS There are two kinds of permits issued for traveling in Tibet: the entry permit (TTB permit, equivalent of a visa for Tibet) and the Alien travel permit (PSB permit). Travel Agency provides both types of permit. TTB PERMIT - TIBET ENTRY PERMIT When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show this permit when checking in at the airport. Also, in order to buy a flight to Lhasa in the first place you will need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser, but this will be arranged by the travel agency organizing the trip. PSB PERMIT - ALIEN TRAVEL PERMIT If you want to travel restricted areas in Tibet, you will need an Alien travel permit issued by the PSB (Public Security Bureau) of Tibet. The Alien travel permit is also sometimes referred to as the PSB permit. Following personal detail and photocopy of passport are required minimum 30 prior trip date to procedure visa and travel documents for Tibet: full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, nationality. All information must be exactly the same as in your passport. In addition, we will need to know your occupation, as journalists and government officials/political personnel may require more complicated procedures in order to be issued a permit. Please be advised that you need to apply for the travel permit at least 15 days prior to your entry date.