- duration 24 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- 3 days of hikes and village visits in the Annapurna Region
- Easy ridge walks overlooking stunning views of Annapurna Mountains
- Wildlife safari time, Chitwan National Park
- Take a jeep safari around the stunning wetland area of 20,000 Lakes
There is no better way of visiting Northern India, than balancing it with Nepal…. chalk and cheese, or chaos and calm. In Nepal, we hike through the gentle foothills, through rural villages, overlooked by the mighty Annapurnas; we stay in beautiful heritage homes in remote towns and villages and we look for the tigers and rhinos of Chitwan National Park. Crossing into India, the frenetic pace of life is amplified to a crescendo on the banks of the Ganges at Varanasi and in the hustle and bustle of Delhi. Our route takes us through the heartland of the Mogul Empire with its fabulous monuments and forts; the Taj Mahal may be the most famous, but Agra’s Red Fort and Akbar’s great city of Fatehpur Sikri have to be seen to be believed. Then on into Rajasthan to the beauty and charm of the Pink City of Jaipur and the incomparable Amber Palace.
One month before departure I mailed Dragoman with the question if we really need to bring matrasses and sleeping bagd. Since matrasses are expensive to buy and a lot to carry. At the beginning of the trip we found out there was no camping at all, it has changed. And they told me it was known about 6 weeks at that time. So we got wrong info what cost money. I now initianaries can change, but it would be nice to mail the people about it that already booked it. Or make sure you know about the changes in the trips you sell.”
Day 1: Kathmandu
Day 2: Nuwakot
Day 3: Nuwakot
Day 4: Pokhara
Day 5: Pokhara
Day 6: Annapurna Region
Day 7: Annapurna Region
Day 8 - 9: Bandipur
Day 10: Chitwan National Park
Day 11: Chitwan National Park
Day 12: Gorakhpur
Day 13 - 14: Varanasi
Day 15 - 17: Khajuraho
Day 18 - 19: Taj Mahal
Day 20 - 21: Jaipur
Day 22: Delhi
Day 23: Delhi
Day 24: Delhi
- 15% Camping - 85% Hotels
- Overland expedition vehicle, 4x4, Tuk-tuk, Boat, Canoe
- 2 Dragoman crew, Local guides where necessary
- Any international flights to Kathmandu and from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern India & Nepal tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 72 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern India & Nepal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Northern India & Nepal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern India & Nepal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.