- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Streets & temples of Kathmandu
- Trisuli rafting
- Chitwan wildlife safaris
- Lakeside town of Pokhara
This 8-day tour of Nepal gives travellers a great introduction to their time in Nepal. We include an arrival airport transfer, a hotel in the tourist district of Thamel in Kathmandu, a walking tour to get a feel for the city, several iconic Hindu & Buddhist temples and stupas, public coach travel between cities for added local flavor and lower cost, wildlife safaris in Chitwan National Park including a jeep safari, jungle walk, boat trip, village walk, and time in the lakeside town of Pokhara at the foot of the Annapurna mountain range before we return to Kathmandu. The tour can also be finished in Pokhara which is the main base in Nepal for travellers to start trekking and rafting trips from. A range of additional bolt-on extras can be added for people wanting to do more. These can be booked in advance or while in Nepal.
Day 1 : Arrive into Kathmandu
Day 2 : Kathmandu city tour
Day 3 : Tourist coach and local transfer to Chitwan National Park. Evening village walk
Day 4 : Chitwan National Park wildlife safari
Day 5 : Chitwan to Pokhara
Day 6 : Sarangkot walk and free time
Day 7 : Pokhara, return to Kathmandu
Day 8 : Kathmandu, tour ends. Transfer to airport for departure
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in clean and friendly hotels and lodges around the 2 star level
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners)
- All transfers, including 24-hour airport arrival transfer service vehicle transport
- All transport including public tourist coach from Kathmandu-Chitwan-Pokhara-Kathmandu. Local transport including jeeps in Chitwan
- Specialist city guides and wildlife safari guides in Kathmandu and Chitwan
- Services of a local escort throughout the tour
- All national park entry and activity fees
- All entrance fees to sites visited in the itinerary
- International Flights
- Visa fees (see below)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guides, drivers & tour leader
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nepal on a Shoestring tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nepal on a Shoestring tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nepal on a Shoestring tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.