- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kathmandu sightseeing
- Chitwan wildlife safaris
- Pokhara lakeside
- Bandipur & Gorkha hilltop villages
This compact tour of Nepal gives you a taste of the countries beautiful mountain scenery, ancient cultures & religions, lush wildlife parks, remote hilltop villages, and includes time to relax in the lakeside town of Pokhara.
We start in Kathmandu with a guided walking tour through the bustling streets of the city to the central Durbar Square, full of ornate temples and palaces. Next we visit the hilltop temple of Swayambunath, overlooking the city.
Next we head to Chitwan National Park, which lies in the lowland Terai region of Nepal, bordering India. You have the option of an exciting day's white water rafting on the Trisuli River en-route to Chitwan if you wish. While at the park we include a jungle walk, river canoe trip, and a jeep safari, as well as a village walk and early morning bird watching walk.
Our next stop is the ancient Newari hilltop town of Bandipur. The centre of Bandipur has been restored and its a lovely place to spend a little time looking around and enjoying the great mountain views if the weather is clear. You also have some free time in the afternoon here to hike down to Siddha Cave, one of the largest in Asia, or take a walk through the hillsides, villages and farmland around Bardia to get a real taste for rural Nepalese life.
From Bandipur we head to the lakeside town of Pokhara with its impressive setting at the foot of the mighty Annapurna mountain range. We include a tour here and a full free day when you can take some more short (or longer walks), hire bikes to look around, take a rowing boat out on the lake, or just relax amidst the beautiful scenery.
We head back to the Kathmandu valley next and enjoy a night in the hilltop village of Nagarkot on the rim of the Kathmandu Valley. With luck you can see Everest from here on a clear morning! Our final tours are to the ancient centre of Bhaktapur, a World Heritage Site, and to Pasupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa before you finish with one last night in Kathmandu.
Day 1 : Arrive in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Kathmandu walking tour. Swayambunath stupa
Day 3 : Drive to Chitwan National Park. Rafting option
Day 4 : Chitwan National Park wildlife safaris
Day 5 : Chitwan to the hilltop village of Bandipur
Day 6 : Bandipur to Pokhara. Afternoon tour
Day 7 : Pokhara. Free day
Day 8 : Drive from Pokhara to the Kathmandu Valley. Overnight Nagarkot
Day 9 : Bhaktapur ancient centre, Pasupatinath & Boudhanath
Day 10 : Kathmandu. Departure transfer to the airport
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Private vehicle transport , based on number of travellers
- All transport & transfers, including 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Specialist city guides and wildlife safari guides as detailed in the itinerary
- Services of a local escort throughout the tour
- All national park entry and activity fees
- All rafting equipment on Trisuli rafting option
- All entrance fees to sites visited in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Visa fees (available on arrival in Kathmandu airport for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour leader, guides & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 71 today.
- Earn US$ 47+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nepal Exposed tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 18 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Nepal Exposed tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nepal Exposed tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.