- duration 9 days
- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore two culturally and naturally beautiful SouthAsian nations of Nepal and Bhutan
- In Kathmandu, we visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Pashupati and Boudha
- In Bhutan, we tour townships & several dzongs, temples, cultural/historical landmarks
- Hike to the enchanting Taktsang(Tiger’s Nest) Monastery
The trip begins in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. The city, voted number 19 out of top 25 Destinations in the World 2015 by Trip Advisor, houses several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We’ll visit a few before flying to Paro, Bhutan.
In Bhutan, we’ll travel to many townships and tour several dzongs (fortresses), temples, and other cultural and historical landmarks. While in Bhutan, we’ll also cross the high Dochu La pass and hike to the enchanting Taktsang(Tiger’s Nest) Monastery. However, our Nepal and Bhutan Tour does not end here.
We’ll fly back to Kathmandu and visit the old cities of Patan and Bhaktapur, which have charmed millions of tourists over the years with its historical architecture and rich cultural heritage. Then we drive to Nagarkot, a village renowned for its sunrise and sunset views of the Himalayas, and end the tour with dramatic views of the tallest peaks in the world.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3: Fly to Paro, Bhutan; city sightseeing
Day 4: Paro to Thimphu; hike to Taktsang Monastery
Day 5: Hike to Wangditse Gompa; sightseeing in Thimphu
Day 6: Thimphu to Punakha, Hike to Lungchutse Monastery
Day 7: Punakha to Paro: Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
Day 8: Fly to Kathmandu; sightseeing in around Kathmandu
Day 9: Departure
- 8 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All ground transportation by comfortable private vehicles
- Welcome dinner in Nepal
- Twin-shared hotel accommodation in Nepal and Bhutan
- Sightseeing in Nepal and Bhutan by an experienced English-speaking local tour guide
- Permits and sightseeing entrance fees for museums and monuments as per the itinerary
- Company services and all required government taxes
- Bhutanese visa fee
- Single Supplement
- All international flights
- Nepalese visa fee (easily available after arriving at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu)
- Lunch and dinner (except welcome dinner)
- All personal expenses (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry etc.)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Other services not mentioned in the 'What Is Included' section
- Save +US$ 117 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 50% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 130 days prior departure. For any bookings within 130 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Accommodations on this trip are on twinshared basis. Single supplement is available with an additional fee of USD 475 Hotels in Bhutan are approved and classified by the government as grade A, B and C. The government approved hotels are equivalent to 34 star hotels elsewhere. Based on availability at the time of our booking, our company serves A grade hotels in Paro and Thimphu and B grade hotel in Punakha. We stay at Hotel Tashi Namgay Resort in Paro, Hotel Namgay Heritage in Thimphu and Meri Puensum Resort in Punakha. We will be accommodated in 3star deluxe hotel, Hotel Yatri Suites & Spa in Kathmandu and Hotel Country Villa in Nagarkot.