- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Beginning in Kathmandu, there's time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage.
- This is the perfect trip for those who want a cultural insight into Nepal without strenuous trekking, with plenty of inclusions, as well as free time and comfortable accommodation in each destination.
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving, or by canoe, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles.
- Witness worldclass mountain scenery from a heavenly viewpoint, with a breathtaking, included Everest scenic flight.
Journey into the heart of Nepal and experience the colourful sights and culture of this enchanting region. Mingle with local villagers and craftspeople, visit tranquil temples and sacred Buddhist sites, travel the cobbled streets of tiny mountain towns, and search for unique wildlife. From the whirlwind of Kathmandu to the lush jungle of Chitwan National Park - with plenty of delightful hidden gems in between - take an unforgettable tour of Nepal, brimming with culture, history, and natural beauty. Bhutan is the little secret of Asia. Overshadowed and nestled between China and India, it is a relatively new travel spot, with many undiscovered secrets in its natural scenery and quiet townships. The land is dotted with red-clothed monks, ancient Buddhist temples, and friendly smiles. It is one calm country, where gross national happiness is more important than money, where chilies are used as a vegetable rather than for spice, and the thunder dragon, Druk, is emblazoned on the national flag, symbolising the people of Bhutan: loyal, patriotic and living with a total sense of belonging within the kingdom.
Day 1: Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu
Day 3: Pokhara
Day 4: Pokhara
Day 5: Bandipur
Day 6: Bandipur
Day 7: Chitwan National Park
Day 8: Chitwan National Park
Day 9: Chitwan National Park - Bhaktapur
Day 10: Bhaktapur - Kathmandu
Day 11: Kathmandu
Day 12: Kathmandu - Paro - Thimphu
Day 13: Thimphu
Day 14: Punakha
Day 15: Punakha
Day 16: Thimpu - Paro
Day 17: Tiger's Nest Monastery
Day 18: Paro
- Hotel (15 nights), Jungle Resort (2 nights)
- 16 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Kathmandu - Everest Scenic Flight
- Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple
- Kathmandu - Bodhnath Stupa
- Pokhara - Phewa Tal Lake boat trip
- Pokhara - Peace Pagoda
- Pokhara - International Mountain Museum
- Chitwan - Canoe safari, bird watching walk or jeep safari
- Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour
- Thimphu - Gagyel Lhundrup Weaving Centre
- Thimphu - Nado Poizokhang Incense Factory
- Thimphu - National Memorial Chorten
- Thimphu - Village walk & picnic lunch
- Thimphu - Choki Traditional Art School
- Thimphu - Drubthob Nunnery
- Thimphu - National Textile Museum
- Punakha Valley - Chimi Lhakhang
- Punakha - Punakha Dzong
- Paro - Home cooked dinner & family visit
- Paro - Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery hike
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- Any international flights to Kathmandu and from Paro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Nepal & Bhutan Journey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 188+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nepal & Bhutan Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nepal & Bhutan Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nepal & Bhutan Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- While on a map we aren't travelling particularly far, the reality of road travel in Nepal is that things always take longer than you expect. Some roads will be bumpy, dusty, or even unexpectedly blocked requiring reroutes and plenty of patience. We fly the farthest distances to make the most of our time together.
- Hotels in some destinations may vary in standard and facilities, and on occasion, hot water may be limited. There will be times when the location of our accommodation will mean it is practical to eat at the hotel restaurant rather than heading out for optional meals.
- You will have some up close and personal encounters with wildlife on this trip, including seeing the small fish eating gharial crocodiles while on the canoe trip on the Rapti river.
- While there will be opportunities to spot many different kinds of wildlife, sightings cannot be guaranteed as this is a national park where animals are free to roam rather than a zoo or wildlife park.
- You will see tour operators offering elephant riding activities and many tourists taking part in them during your time in Chitwan. Intrepid Travel has a strong elephant welfare policy and as such we discourage travellers from riding elephants in Nepal or anywhere around the world. See the Responsible Travel section of this information for more.
- Despite Bhutan being a small country, you'll experience long travel days as most roads are single lane.
- The trek to Tiger's Nest is quite vigorous but well worth the climb.
- Bhutan is a high-altitude destination, so taking it easy for a day or two makes for a much more comfortable trip. Drinking tea and water and avoiding strenuous exercise will help you acclimatise after arriving.
- Please be aware that hot water is limited in some places. Speaking of all things heated, the Bhutanese love chilli and the food can be a touch spicy.
- Travel in Bhutan is strictly controlled and to do any independent travel outside of a group tour is extremely difficult and expensive to arrange. We provide a group visa for travellers on our tours in Bhutan, which stipulates that all travellers must arrive and depart on the same days that our tour program starts and finishes. For this reason, we are generally not able to provide additional accommodation outside of our tour dates and advise all travellers to book flights out of Bhutan that correspond with the finish day of the tour. For helpful tips on booking your flight see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/bhutan-flight-guide/. In the rare case that no flights are available and you need to depart later we are only able to book additional accommodation for you in conjunction with a special individual visa which can add around AUD1000 to the cost of your tour, to be paid at the time of booking.
- All meals are included due to the nature of travelling in Bhutan. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions