- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 2195 meters
- Easy hiking around the Kathmandu Valley.
- Witness spectacular sunrise & sunset views over the Himalayas from Nagarkot.
- Observe majestic views of Gauri Shanker, Langtang including Mt. Everest.
- Varieties of flora & fauna along the hiking trail.
Nagarkot is the Himalayan view-point closer to the Kathmandu just 32 km from the city. It is the most popular destination to witness some great mountain panorama such as Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Sisapangma, Manaslu, Gauri Shanker and even Mt. Everest which can be spotted in a clear day. The trek to Nagarkot is also on easy trails with passing along small villages, farmlands, rivers, lush green forests. This is the most suitable trek that can be done within the Kathmandu valley and with a short span of time. The trek starts after driving to Sundarijal from Kathmandu city and trek to Chisapani for an overnight stay. Then the next day proceed to Nagarkot. The trek ends the other day with hiking down from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan , the oldest temple built around 323 AD, and eventually drive back to Kathmandu.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS4 - Very GoodBased on 5 reviews
4 - Very Good
4 - Very Good
5 - Excellent
First trek in Nepal
3 - Average
“First day was a bit hard climbing up the mountain. Not meant for beginners. Beautiful sites though. We went during off season, so most of the time it was foggy, but the little times the clouds cleared up, it was absolutely beautiful. Our guide, Ramesh was friendly and took good care of us :)”
ITINERARY Expand All
Day 1: Drive to Sundarijal (1460m) & trek to Chisapani (2165m)
Day 2: Chisapani to Nagarkot (2175m)
Day 3: Nagarkot to Changu Narayan (1541m) & drive to Kathmandu
- Transportations from Kathmandu – Sundarijal and Changu Narayan - Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Highly experienced Government licensed guide, and his food, accommodation, transportation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance.
- Duffle bag & First aid medical kit.
- Shivapuri National Park & Changu Narayan Entry fee.
- TIMS Fee - Trekkers' Information Management System.
- Government taxes & service charge.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
Why Book with Bookmundi
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
What are customers saying about Bookmundi
PaulIt should have a better search program as I had a hard time find... Read more
BillEmma Brown has provided excellent service as we have had our tou... Read more
AnonymousWe made a reservation earlier this year with Bookmundi for our f... Read more
AnonymousThis is a second trip I arrange via Bookmundi. I like it because... Read more
JohnResponse to my request for a refund due to the corona virus was ... Read more
AlasdairWhen I cancelled my booking due to Covid 19 Sarah was extremely ... Read more
LeylaThe lady who I spoke to named Sarah on the customer Service team... Read more
AnonymousDue to COVID, I first rescheduled my trip, which they accommodat... Read more
MichelleWe had an overall pleasant experience with this company despite ... Read more
JuanThe process of booking was easy, and they seem to work around yo... Read more
KallyAlways prompt and on point, trying to help the customer get the ... Read more
JenelleDue to cancellations with COVID-19 we did not take our trip. Th... Read more
RandyBefore visiting South Africa in Jan-Feb 2020 I decided almost la... Read more
CarlBooking the tour was an efficient and easy process. However my t... Read more
ObinwanneGood approach Read more
JenniferVery helpful customer service!!! Read more
SaraFast easy and simple Read more
AnonymousIf our trip lives up to our booking experience we will be giving... Read more
AlgondaTeam contacted me when my first choice was not available and had... Read more
MathildePeace of mind, easy to book. Reasonably prompt response! Overall... Read more
RenatoThanks to Mike Adley, from Bookmundi Customer Service, I was abl... Read more
GOOD TO KNOW Download trip notes
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationConfirmation will be received at time of booking If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Dec to Feb) as well.
NEED HELP OR HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THIS TOUR?
If you have any question about this tour or need help with planning a trip, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We're ready to help.