- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Hike the outskirts of Kathmandu Valley
- Witness majestic Himalayan panorama & the entire Kathmandu Valley view.
- Hiking along lush green forest, visiting Buddhist monastery.
- Royal palace of the former King amid the forest.
The hike is through Shivapuri National Park which has abundant flora and faunas. Upon reaching the top, the summit provides majestic panorama view of the entire Kathmandu Valley including the snow-capped mountains like Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and other majestic Himalayan peaks.
Any age groups can participate in this and it gives a nice approach to what it’s like to be hiking in the Himalayan region, albeit much closer to Kathmandu City, compared with e.g. a trek to Annapurna Circuit.
We look forward to giving you a great day hike.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off.
- Personal private guide.
- Packed lunch & Mineral water during the tour.
- Monuments entrance fees.
- Walking pole.
- Government taxes & service charges.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks & tea/coffee etc.
- Any other not mentioned in Includes Section.
- Tips & Gratuities.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationConfirmation will be received at time of booking If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.