- duration 30 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Mera (6476m) & Island Peak (6189m) on a fully supported expedition led by expert climbing guides
- Take in stunning views from the summits of two of Nepal's classic "trekking" peaks
- Cross the technical Amphu Laptsa Pass at 5845m
- Discover warm and welcoming Sherpa Culture
An exhilarating mountaineering expedition to Mera Peak (6476m/21,246ft) and Island Peak (6189m/20,305ft), two of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal, combined with a crossing of the Amphu Labsta.. Mera (6476m/21,246ft) & Island Peak (6189m/20,305ft) are two of the most popular trekking peaks in the Nepal Himalaya and this expedition combines climbs on both mountains with a trek through the remote Honku Valley and a crossing of the spectacular and technical Amphu Laptsa Pass. The generous itinerary ensures proper acclimatisation and we have plenty of contingency days in the event of inclement weather. Being slightly to the south of the main range, Mera offers spectacular views from Kanchenjunga in the east to the Langtang region in the west. Island Peak is situated right in the heart of the Khumbu area and although it is dwarfed by the enormous Lhotse Face to the north, the views from the summit are truly exceptional.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : Gear Check. Rest of day at leisure.
Day 3 : Fly to Lukla (2800m) & commence trekking to Puiyan (approx 2800m)
Day 4 : Trek to Pangom (2800m)
Day 5 : Nashing Dingma (2600m)
Day 6 : Chalem Kharka (3600m)
Day 7 : Chunbu Kharka (4200m)
Day 8 : Rest day at Chunbu Kharka
Day 9 : To Hinku valley camp (approx 3600m)
Day 10 : To Tagnag (4400m)
Day 11 : Acclimatisation Day/preparations
Day 12-13 : To Base Camp (5000m) and preparation day
Day 14-16 : Summit attempt on Mera (6476m)
Day 17 : Rest & Contingency Day
Day 18-19 : Commence trek into the Hunku Valley
Day 20 : Rest day
Day 21-22 : Cross Amphu Laptsa (5845m) to Island Peak Base Camp (5100m)
Day 23 : Contingency Day
Day 24 : Summit Island Peak
Day 25-27 : Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 28 : Trek to Lukla (8-9hrs)
Day 29 : Fly to Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 30 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 30 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- 29 breakfasts, 27 lunches and 27 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$1170
- Return flights to/from Lukla included
- 25kgs luggage allowance on internal domestic flights to Lukla
- Private transportation
- World Expeditions mountaineering leader
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- World Expeditions duffle bag
- Climbing pack including ice axe, crampons harness and helmet
- Safety equipment including portable altitude chamber, group medical, satellite phone and oxygen cylinder for emergency use
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International Airfares
- Airline taxes and charges
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 283 today.
- Earn US$ 188+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mera & Island Peak via Amphu Labsta tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mera & Island Peak via Amphu Labsta tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mera & Island Peak via Amphu Labsta tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
- I need personal climbing equipment. Can I rent it from the tour operator?
When is the best time to summit Island Peak?
The ideal time for climbing Island Peak is around April to May and October through November. The winter and the monsoon months will likely have fewer crowds but wet weather and snow and cold may make the climb more challenging. Some tours do not ever offer climbing in these months. Your guide will have enough knowledge about the weather and geography to advise the exact right time while you are on tour as well.