- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 50
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4100 meters
- Explore the Annapurna region with our Mardi Himal trek
- Enjoy scenic views of the Himalayas
- Discover Kathmandu during a sightseeing tour
The attention of western mountaineers was first drawn to Mardi Himal after Basil Goodfellow released the pictures he had taken of the mountain in 1953. However, it was not until 1961 that the mountain saw its first ascent. Jimmy Roberts, with two Sherpas, first climbed to the summit from the western flank.
Book this 13-day, guided trip with us and explore one of the lesser known areas in the Annapurna region. Fly to Pokhara on the third day of this tour and reach Mardi Himal Base Camp after five days of uphill slog. The route is mostly steep and follows ridge lines but the views along the way are wonderful. Accompanying you during this trip will be the mighty Himalayas while sparkling rivers, lush, green terraces, gurgling streams and forests add a variety to the scenery.
Please scroll down to go through the itinerary.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review to us.
It was rewarding for all of us to read that every aspect of your trip was of memorable. As usual, it will give me great joy to share your words with the team who continuously do their best to please our clients. Feedback such as yours is therefore much appreciated.
Once more, thank you for reviewing us and for having chosen to organize your trip.
Alpine Club beckons you, to greater adventures in the Himalayas…..
Alpine Club of Himalaya Team”
Namaste and Greetings from Alpine Club of Himalaya !!!
Thank you for choosing Alpine Club of Himalaya for your holidays and I am quite thank full to you for your time dropping nice review here. It was rewarding for all of us to read that every aspect of your trip was of memorable. As usual, it will give me great joy to share your words with the team who continuously do their best to please our clients.
We look forward to your next visit to Nepal with your friends/family to experience and re-discover what my agency can offer in term of services and products as appreciated by many of our valued customers for greater adventures in their walk of the Himalaya.
Alpine Club of Himalaya Team.”
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing tour
Day 3: Fly to Pokhara & trek to Mardi Pul
Day 4: Mardi Pul – Odane
Day 5: Odane – Kumai
Day 6: Kumai – Khorchon
Day 7: Khorchon – Mardi Himal Base Camp
Day 8: Mardi Himal Base Camp – Kumai
Day 9: Kumai – Ghachok
Day 10: Ghachok – Pokhara
Day 11: Pokhara – Kathmandu (flight)
Day 12: Kathmandu departure
- Airport pickup and drop-off on the first and the last day of the tour in a private car/van
- Flight tickets from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Three nights' stay in Kathmandu. Eight nights in lodges/guest houses during the trek. Accommodation in Pokhara as per the itinerary
- Breakfasts as per the itinerary. One farewell dinner included
- An experienced, English-speaking trekking guide during the trek
- National park permit & TIMS card
- Down jackets & sleeping bags (to be returned after the trek is over)
- An ACH kitbag and a t- shirt for you to keep
- Nepal entry visa fees
- International airfare
- Travel insurance including high-altitude evacuation & rescue
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls & laundry
- Desserts, mineral water, hot shower, hot water & Wi-Fi
- Tips for local staff, guides & porters
- Lunch & dinner (except the farewell dinner)
- Porter during the trek
- Entrance fees to highlights during Kathmandu sightseeing tour
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?