- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Excellent closeup views of the Himalayan range
- Newly developed and less crowded trekking trail
- Enjoy several forest walks and gradual ascents up to 4500m
The trek begins from scenic Pokhara lake city, where we will drive to Kande, the starting point of our hike. From there onwards immerse into beautiful walks along the culturally rich Gurung villages. During the spring season, enjoy beautiful views of rhododendrons that bloom perfectly which can be just another reason to embark on this adventure.
Stay at forest camp, low camp and high camp, where you can capture the best of sunrise and sunset views of Mardi Himal, Fishtail, and other surrounding peaks. We’ll arrive at the western side of Mardi Himal base camp, which is located at an elevation of 4500m, after which we hike back to Pokhara and finally to Kathmandu, concluding our Mardi Himal Trek.
Great level of communication from Indira before arrival in Nepal; all questions answered quickly and itinerary changes all made without issue.
Pick up from the airport and transfer easy. Stay at Kathmandu Guest House just sublime, perfect hideaway. Pre-trek meeting with Indira and Mr Hari was very helpful.
This trek is fabulous, stunning locations and you avoid the masses going to Everest BC for the t-shirt. Our trekking guide, Mr Ram, is a great guy. He dealt with all the accommodation, food, etc and is great company. He shared his extensive knowledge of the Himalayas and gave you confidence in his abilities. He got stuck in and sorted out any issues raised.
This trek takes you to the absolute beauty of Gokyo lakes and Gokyo-Ri. Its long and not for the faint-hearted, but its certainly worth the walk! I loved every minute of it.
The trip was perfectly finished by a visit to the temple at Bouda (transport by Icicles); what an amazing experience.
I will visit Nepal again and when I do, I will be booking with Icicles. Thank you Indira, Mr Hari and Mr Ram.”
We are grateful to get support from you
Icicles adventure treks and tours”
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (900m)
Day 2: Drive from Pokhara to Kande, trek to Pitam Deurali
Day 3: Trek Pitam Deurali to Kokar Forest Camp (2550m)
Day 4: Trek Kokar Forest Camp to Low camp (2990m)
Day 5: Trek Low Camp to High Camp (3580m)
Day 6: Trek High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m)
Day 7: Trek High Camp to Sidhing (1850m)
Day 8: Trek Sidhing to Lumre and drive to Pokhara (900m)
Day 9: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and return transportation in tourist bus
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Local teahouse/lodge accommodation (twin sharing ) during the trek
- TIMS and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- One professional, knowledgeable and friendly English speaking trekking guide including his salary, food, accomodation, equipment, transportation, insurance
- One porter for each two trekkers including salary, food, accommodation, equipment, transportation, insurance
- Duffle bag, sleeping bag, and down jacket for use during the trek
- Icicles Adventure T-shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- All government taxes & office service charge
- All drinks (alcoholic, hot, or cold)
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, bar bills, laundry, battery recharge, bottle or boiled water, hot shower, extra porters, etc)
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Accomodation, food and activities in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Tips for guides and porters (tip is expected but not mandatory)
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, altitude sickness can be treated and the trekker may wish to continue. If not, the rest of the group can continue on if they want and the sick person can descend.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.