- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 35
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Newly promoted fresh trekking route study the local culture and lifestyles of villagers.
- Less touristy and authentic nature, great number of flora and fauna, birds and orchids.
- Extremely close views of snow capped peaks Machhepuchhre, Annapurna I etc.
This is an out-of-the-ordinary-trek in Nepal. The open terrain bestowing immense chance to travel around long-established villages, incredible landscape, different cultures, stunning views of silvery peaks and captivating views of rivers and striking valley are some of the highlights of this trek.
Located to the east of one of the famous treks of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a out of sight but a valued trek. Very few trekkers visit the Mardi Himal Base Camp, fabulously positioned at the foot of Mardi Himal and the striking Machhapuchhre.
The trail goes through delightful rhododendron woods, until you ascend out of the woods at an elevation of 3300m. The setting changes quite unexpectedly into a rough high peak landscape, with astonishing views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli. The High Camp is set at an elevation of 3580 m and bestows amazing close up vistas of the whole Annapurna Range.
This moderate and strenuous 06 days tea house style trek is thought to be perfect for those adventure fanatics who have very fixed schedule and is also favored by the elderly who have the desire to go up to higher elevations.
Day 1: Fly to Pokhara, drive to Kaande and trek to Deurali
Day 2: Trek to Forest Camp via Dudh Kharka
Day 3: Trek to Mardi Himal High Camp via Low Camp
Day 4: Visit Mardi Base Camp and back to Low Camp
Day 5: Trek to Siding
Day 6: Trek to Lumre and drive to Pokhara & fly to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu.
- Pre-trek meeting.
- Flight Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu.
- All transportation: Pokhara - Kaande and Lumre - Pokhara.
- Food during the trek (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide.
- Well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 5+ persons.
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary trekking permits: Annapurna Conservation Area and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fee.
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag, down jacket and duffel bag.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
- Hotel in KTM/Night
- Nepal visa (USD 30 for 15 days and USD 50 for 30 days).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking).
- Hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Bar and beverage bills, tea / coffee / drinking water. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet, battery charger, hot shower etc
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.Other Practical InformationRecommended Gear Lists: 01.) Good wind/rain jacket 02.) Warm fleece jacket or jersey 03.) Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots 04.) Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu) 05.) A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband. 06.) Fleece jacket or pullover 07.) Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional) 08.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket 09) Down vest and/or jacket (optional) 10.) Lightweight gloves 11.) Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer 12.) Sun hat or scarf 13) Light balaclava or warm fleece hat 14.) Sunglasses with UV protection 15.) T-shirts 16.) Underwear 17.) Hiking shorts 18.) Lightweight cotton long pants 19.) Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms 20.) Fleece or wool pants 21.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants 22.) Thin, lightweight inner socks 23.) Thick, warm wool hiking socks 24.) Hiking boots with spare laces 25.) Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals) Other necessary equipment: 1.) Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries 2.) Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag 3.) Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter) 4.) Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag 5.) Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches) 6.) Water bottles (2 bottles recommended) 7.) Toiletries 8.) Small wash towel COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.