- Newly promoted fresh trekking route - study the local culture and lifestyles of villagers.
- Less touristy and authentic nature, great number of flora and fauna, birds and orchids.
- Extremely close views of snow capped peaks - Machhepuchhre, Annapurna I etc.
This is an out-of-the-ordinary-trek in Nepal. The open terrain bestowing immense chance to travel around long-established villages, incredible landscape, different cultures, stunning views of silvery peaks and captivating views of rivers and striking valley are some of the highlights of this trek.
Located to the east of one of the famous treks of Nepal, the Annapurna Base Camp trek, the Mardi Himal trek is a out of sight but a valued trek. Very few trekkers visit the Mardi Himal Base Camp, fabulously positioned at the foot of Mardi Himal and the striking Machhapuchhre.
The trail goes through delightful rhododendron woods, until you ascend out of the woods at an elevation of 3300m. The setting changes quite unexpectedly into a rough high peak landscape, with astonishing views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and Hiunchuli. The High Camp is set at an elevation of 3580 m and bestows amazing close up vistas of the whole Annapurna Range.
This moderate and strenuous 08 days tea house style trek is thought to be perfect for those adventure fanatics who have very fixed schedule and is also favored by the elderly who have the desire to go up to higher elevations.
After our breakfast, we take a drive for 6 to 7 hours from Kathmandu to Pokhara on a luxurious tourist bus where we can view some wonderful scenery of rivers and countryside throughout our drive.
After we arrive in Pokhara, explore the lakeside area and boating in the famous Fewa Lake.
Today, we drive to Kaande (trek starting point) and start our trek to Deurali through Australian Camp and Pothana. The views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal from Australian Camp is incredibly beautiful.
The trek today will be following through dense forest seeing the beautiful landscapes and wildlife along the trail. You will see thick jungles with striking views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. Also, we can spot plentiful wildlife including leopards, monkeys, deer and different species of birds.
We will have panoramic day today. The walk from Low Camp to High Camp with a vertical climb all the way through the rhododendron and juniper jungle. As you reach the lower view point at an altitude of 3550 meters, you will be pleased with the most magnificent panorama of snow capped mountains including Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Barah Shikhar, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal etc, hilly terrain and valley of Annapurna Base Camp and Pokhara to the south.
We today trek along the loop ridge to the highest point of the trek Mardi Base Camp (4500 meter) and upper view point (4600 meter). The view point provides spectacular views Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Barah Shikhar, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal etc, hilly terrain and valley of Annapurna Base Camp and more. We then retrace our steps to Low Camp.
Having a great time in the trek, our footsteps leads us to Siding, a beautiful village of the area.
The final day of the trek. We walk about 3 hours to reach Lumre that connec with the road transport. After reaching Lumre, we straight drive to Pokhara.
Rest of the afternoon relax in lakeside.
After having breakfast at hotel, we take a drive back to Kathmandu on a luxurious tourist bus where we can view some wonderful scenery of rivers and countryside throughout our drive.
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu.
- Pre-trek meeting.
- All transportation: Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu, Pokhara - Kaande and Lumre - Pokhara.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Food during the trek (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee and seasonal fresh fruits).
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide.
- Well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 3+ persons.
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary trekking permits: Annapurna Conservation Area and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fee.
- Worst case, help with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag and down jacket, duffel bag, area trekking map.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
- Hotel in KTM/Night
- Nepal visa (USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking).
- Hotels in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
01.) Good wind/rain jacket
02.) Warm fleece jacket or jersey
03.) Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
04.) Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
05.) A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
06.) Fleece jacket or pullover
07.) Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
08.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
09) Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
10.) Lightweight gloves
11.) Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
12.) Sun hat or scarf
13) Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
14.) Sunglasses with UV protection
17.) Hiking shorts
18.) Lightweight cotton long pants
19.) Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
20.) Fleece or wool pants
21.) Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
22.) Thin, lightweight inner socks
23.) Thick, warm wool hiking socks
24.) Hiking boots with spare laces
25.) Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
1.) Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
2.) Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
3.) Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
4.) Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
5.) Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
6.) Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
8.) Small wash towel