- Walking tour
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Magnificent offthebeatentrack circular trek around Manaslu
This spectacular and isolated circular trek skirts around the eighth highest mountain in the world, the formidable Mount Manaslu (8,163m). We follow the mighty Buri Gandaki River as it narrows into a spectacular gorge, passing through tiny villages perched on the valley sides. Eventually the gorge opens out into alpine meadows which are inhabited by a cluster of Tibetan communities below Manaslu's north face. Crossing the Larkya Pass (5,130m) we see the snow-capped peaks of Himalchuli, Manaslu, Cheo Himal and Himlung Himal, before descending through forest to join the main Annapurna Circuit route.
Day 1: Start Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Arket Bazaar; trek to Soti Khola
Day 3: Trek through forest and fields to Lapu Besi and on to Machha Khola
Day 4: Follow the Buri Gandaki River to Jagat
Day 5: Ascend through small villages to Philim; climb to Deng (1,870m)
Day 6: Cross the river and ascend via a magnificent valley to Ghap (2,110m)
Day 7: Continue to Lho (3,170m), offering fantastic views of Manaslu
Day 8: Climb to Samagaon (3,530m)
Day 9: Trek to Samdo (3,860m)
Day 10: Ascend to Dharamsala (4,480m)
Day 11: Cross the Larkya La (5,130m); descend to Bimthang (3,700m)
Day 12: Daywalk to Pongkar Lake or spare day as required
Day 13: Spectacular walk to Tilje (2,240m)
Day 14: Trek to the remote Nache; descend to the main Annapurna Circuit trail
Day 15: Descend to Chyamje and Jagat; from Syange climb to Bauhundanda
Day 16: Walk to Ngaddi; transfer to Kathmandu
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 18: End Kathmandu
- 3 nights standard hotels, 13 nights teahouses and 1 night fixed tent
- All breakfasts included
- All transport and listed activities
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- Welcome drink at each overnight lodge
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Exodus kitbag Trekking map (provided locally)Trekking permit and national park fees
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Manaslu Lodge Circuit tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 172 today.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Manaslu Lodge Circuit tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 January 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Manaslu Lodge Circuit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Manaslu Lodge Circuit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?