- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through remote villages towards Manaslu and marvel at the view of 7000m+ peaks that surround the world's 7th highest mountain
- Cross the Larkya La for panoramic views of peaks including Himlung Himal (7126m) and Annapurna II (7937m)
- Experience the cultural and geographic diversities of remote Buddhist villages close to the Tibetan border
- Traverse to the north of Manaslu and visit the base camp used by summit expeditions
A remote trek into one of Nepal's most beautiful and rarely visited areas, with a foray to Manaslu Base Camp & a crossing of the Larkya La. Manaslu (8167m) is the 7th highest mountain in the world and it is only in recent years that trekkers have begun to explore this rugged area. Trekking around Manaslu offers awesome mountain views, remote Buddhist villages close to the Tibetan border and cultural and geographic diversity that rivals any other trek in the Himalaya. The trek commences amidst the terraced fields and sub-tropical forests of the foothills. Climbing north, the landscape gradually transforms into the arid, high altitude landscapes associated with Tibetan culture. Traversing to the north of Manaslu, with time to visit the Base Camp that is used by expeditions, is a highlight of this trek. Beyond Manaslu, the climb continues until we reach the majestic Larkya La, which affords outstanding views in every direction of the Himalaya. After crossing the pass, we complete this rewarding circuit of Manaslu in the bustling villages of the Annapurna region.
Day 1 : Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 : In Kathmandu (1330m)
Day 3 : To Arughat Bazaar (500m). Drive approx. 8/9 hours
Day 4 : To Liding (830m). Walk approx. 6/7 hours
Day 5 : To Machha Khola (890m). Walk approx. 7/8 hours
Day 6 : To Yaru Khola (1330m). Walk approx. 7/8 hours
Day 7 : To Philim (1700m). Walk approx. 4/5 hours
Day 8 : To Deng (2095m). Walk approx. 5/6 hours
Day 9 : To Namru (2900m). Walk approx. 8 hours
Day 10 : To Lho Goan (3180m). Walk approx. 5/6 hours
Day 11 : To Kermo Kharka (3500m), walk approx. 4 hours
Day 12 : Rest day Kermo Kharka. Optional excursion to Manaslu Base Camp
Day 13-14 : To Samdo (3900m). Walk approx. 2 hours, rest day
Day 15 : To Larkya Phedi (4400m). Walk approx. 3/4 hours.
Day 16 : Cross Larkya La (5140) to Bimtang (3590m) 9/10hrs.
Day 17 : To Ghoa (2515m). Walk approx. 6/7 hours.
Day 18 : To Chamche (1430m). Walk approx. 6/7 hours.
Day 19 : To Jagat & drive via Besisahar to Kathmandu.
Day 20 : Trip concludes Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 20 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in our fully serviced wilderness campsites
- 19 breakfasts, 17 lunches and 16 dinners including all meals on trek valued at $800
- Private group transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Special permit US$205
- Medical kit
- Use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment and porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Manaslu Circuit & Base Camp Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Manaslu Circuit & Base Camp Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Manaslu Circuit & Base Camp Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.