- Make your own souvenir with help from local producers
- Visit Seven Women, a social enterprise helping disadvantaged women in Nepal
- Discover how local products are made
- All net proceeds from this tour go to Seven Women
Your Kathmandu tour will start with a visit to the Seven Women headquarters in Kathmandu, where you will meet some of the women of Seven Women and hear the stories of how this social enterprise has made such a massive difference in Nepal. The group will learn about how Seven Women began and has grown from 7 women to now assisting more than 1,000 women.
During this In Focus workshop, you will learn how to make a felt ball key ring by hand. You’ll have a producer assist you as you create and gain a better appreciation for the work that goes into creating handmade items. Alongside this, you’ll learn about the principles of fair trade and how fair trade products are made.
After the workshop, you’ll get to visit the Seven Women fair trade gift shop to see the whole range of handmade crafts produced by the women, which are then exported to support the enterprise. You’ll also get to take home the personal souvenirs you made during the workshop.
- Local english-speaking guide and teachers
- Transport to and from the centre.
- Food and drink
- Additional souvenirs and items of a personal nature.
Child Policy: Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.