- Visit the birth place of Lord Buddha, in Lumbini.
- Discover the rich Buddhist cultural & traditional heritage.
- King Ashok's Pillar, Maya Devi Temple, Scared pond (UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
- Tour around palaces & ruins of the ancient capital, Devdaha & Ramgram.
Lumbini is a UNESCO World Heritage Site about 306 kms from Kathmandu. It’s the most sacred pilgrimage site for all the Buddhists round the world. Lumbini is protected under Lumbini Development Project where some important landmarks are located such as the exact place of Buddha’s birth, sacred pond- where Buddha’s mother Maya Devi took a bath before his birth, Maya Devi’s Temple, King Ashok’s pillar.
At present times, there are many monasteries, temples and shrines erected by various Buddhist nations around the Lumbini area. The tour further extends to Devdaha and Ramgram where Devdaha is the ancient capital and the maternal home of Queen Maya Devi. Ramgram has a brick stupa where a relic (one of the eight Asthu Dhatu) of Lord Buddha is kept.
Upon arrival at Kathmandu Airport, you shall be met then transferred to your hotel.
After breakfast, you will fly to Bhairawa (35 min.), a city nearby Lumbini, and drive to Lumbini by a private vehicle which is about half an hour drive.
Upon arrival in Lumbini, check-in hotel and rest of the time is free to explore around or rest in the hotel.
In the morning begins the sightseeing and drive towards Lumbini Trust Development area. You shall visit several archaeological sites like Maya Devi Temple, Ashok Pillar, the scared pond, Buddh’s birth location. It’s believed that Maya Devi gave birth to Buddha and bathed in this scared pond.
Ashok Pillar was erected by King Ashok and signifies the exact location of Buddha’s birth. Then you will visit several other monasteries, stupas, temples built by different Buddhist nations.
Afterwards, transfer back to hotel.
Today visit another archaeological sites, Devdaha and Ramagram. Devdaha is the ancient capital of the Koliya Kingdom and believed to be the maternal hometown of Queen Mayadevi, Yasodhara (Buddha’s consort) and it is where prince Siddhartha (Buddha Himself) had spent his childhood.
Ramagram is the brick stupa on the bank of Jharahi river. It consists of relic (One of the eight Astha Dhatu) of Lord Buddha. The Stone Stupa is believed to have built by the King of Ramagram who was the eighth king to obtain the Buddha’s relics.
Later on, back to hotel.
After breakfast, you will drive back to Kathmandu via a scenic route passing along rivers, small towns, green forests etc. which takes about 5-6 hours drive.
In Kathmandu, check-in hotel and the rest of the time is at leisure/free for shopping.
You shall be transferred to the airport for your onward destination.
- Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu/Lumbini including breakfast.
- Guided Lumbini city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
- Kathmandu - Bhairawa airfare.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- Transfers by a private vehicle from Bhairawa - Lumbini & Lumbini-Kathmandu.
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Lumbini.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.