- duration 23 days
- tour type Private and Group
- tour_type Private and Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 16+ years old
- age_requirement 16+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the north face of Mt Everest. Travel to Everest Base Camp (Tibetan side)
- Discover rich Tibetan culture during visits to Potala Palace & Jokhang Temple
- Cycle past beautiful lakes and mountains of Tibet
- Experience one of the longest downhill mountain biking in the world
Ride more than 1,100km through Tibet on gravel roads and over spectacular mountain passes. The high point of the journey is at the monastery of Rongbuk, from where you can see Mount Everest Base Camp (5,200m). You can walk, cycle or take a donkey cart to the base camp. Then enjoy one of the world's longest and steepest descent – a non-stop downhill journey that begins on the Tibetan Plateau and winds 150 km down to the fertile rice fields of Nepal (an unbelievable 4,600m descent).
Stay overnight in hotels and tents during this journey. An experienced crew of guides, cooks and drivers from both Nepal and Tibet will ensure a smooth operation of this trip. Plus, this mountain bike experience will also bring you into contact with two religions (Buddhism and Hinduism) and act as an introduction to the mysticism of Tibetan culture, the friendliness of the people and the daily life in the villages.
Please note that this tour is only available between the months of April and October and features 15 full days of mountain biking with full logistical support.
The guide was great and our porter very helpful and very curious. We were back for a different trek after some time, this time to Makalu BC, but still with the same company that we can fully trust - Makalu Adventure.”
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival & transfer to hotel
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing tour
Day 3: Mountain biking around Kathmandu
Day 4: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa
Day 5: Lhasa: Full-day sightseeing tour
Day 6: Lhasa: Full-day sightseeing tour continues
Day 7: Start your bicycle tour
Day 8: Cycle through the Kamba Pass
Day 9: Karo Pass
Day 10: Cycle to Gyantse
Day 11: Cycle to Shigatse
Day 12: Cycle to Gyachung Monastery
Day 13: Cycle to Lhatse
Day 14: Cycle to Shegar
Day 15: Cycle through Pang Pass
Day 16: Cycle to Rongbuk Monastery
Day 17: Cycle to Everest Base Camp
Day 18: Cycle to Tingri
Day 19: Cycle to Peokutso Lake
Day 20: Hundred kilometre downhill cycling to Upper Kerong (Gyirong)
Day 21: Cycle to Kerong border
Day 22: Cycle to Syabrubesi & Drive to Kathmandu (140km drive)
Day 23: Kathmandu departure
- All ground transfers as per the above itinerary, including pickup and drop-off on the first and the last days of the tour
- Hotel in Kathmandu (including breakfast)
- Hotels in Tibet (including breakfast) as per the Itinerary
- All group camping equipment like two-man tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, shower tent, toilet tent, tables, chairs & mattresses
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu including all entrance fees wherever applicable
- Guided sightseeing tour in Lhasa
- A support vehicle to carry your luggage and a Land Cruiser for assistance. These vehicles are available at all times while in Tibet
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. Other meals as per the itinerary (we offer hot, fresh meals three times a day while camping. These meals are prepared by our professional kitchen crew)
- Daily wages and insurance for staff and guides.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa Flight
- Chinese (Tibet) Visa
- Airfare: Kathmandu-Lhasa (available as an addon)
- Tibet travel permit & visa fees
- Nepal re-entry visa fees
- Travel insurance with high-altitude rescue & evacuation
- All monastery entrance fees in Tibet wherever applicable
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Lunch/dinner while staying in hotels both in Kathmandu and Tibet
- Bar bills
- Earn US$ 72+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
- Free cancellation up to 40 days prior to the tour date.
- 80% of total tour cost refundable up to 25 days prior to the tour date.
- 50% of total tour cost refundable up to 15 days prior to the tour date.
- 100% of total tour cost non-refundable within 15 days prior to the tour date.