- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4200 meters
- Hike to the majestic Langtang Valley
- Panoramic view of mountain from top of the Kyangjin Ri/ Tsergo ri
- Magnificent Views and interesting TibetanStyle Village
This trek brings you to the Langtang Valley, just south of the Tibetan border. We begin with a bus ride from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, the starting point of the Langtang trek. After reaching Syabrubesi, the trek begins in a lush valley in a tropical environment. Along side the trail will be green hills, large patches of rice paddies, and Nepal's national flower, the rhododendron. You will also get to experience an abundance of birds and other wildlife such as wild boar and monkeys who all inhabiting this region. In the background looms several snow-capped mountains giving you knowledge about that soon you will leave the tropical climate and enter colder climatic zones.
From Langtang village, the trail continues to Kyanjin Gompa (3,740 m) a place with not only great mountain views but also the local Yala Cheese Factory. A visit to the Yala Cheese Factory (4.633 m) and the small lakes beyond Yala is worthwhile, and we will make that excursion if you feel up for it.
As you move up the Langtang Valley, the Tibetan influence becomes more noticeable. Langtang is one of the few areas in Nepal highly influenced by Tibet, bordering the region to the North.
Another highlight of this trip is the day hike up Tserko Ri (4,984m), a 'small' and safe peak to hike in the area. Although challenging, when atop you will be rewarded with spectacular Himalayan views and a sensation of achievement. If you do not feel up for the hike another option is to trek further up the valley and explore more ground.
We are looking forward to providing you with a fantastic trip.
Day 1: Drive to Syabrubesi: (1462m)
Day 2: Trek to Sherpagaon (2563m)
Day 3: Trek to Thyangsyap village (3140m)
Day 4: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798m)
Day 5: Trek back to Lama Hotel
Day 6: Trek back to Syabrubesi
Day 7: Drive Back to Kathmandu
- 1 professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide
- Airport Pick up and drop-off service by Private Coach.
- All meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with 1 cup of Tea & coffee per day.
- All accommodation during the trek in Guesthouses and lodges.
- Transport to/from Langtang area by public bus, starting from Kathmandu
- Langtang National Park permits & TIMS trekking Permits.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- One map of the Langtang trekking area
- Meals and Hotel whilst in Kathmandu
- Nepal Travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, Tips.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?