- Sightseeing at the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Explore around the beautiful Langtang Valley.
- Witness great views of Langtang Lirung, Naya Kangri, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu.
- Discover Buddhist culture & traditions visiting monasteries & religious sites.
The valley is also considered ’Valley of Glaciers’ with some of the beautiful glaciers located inside the Langtang region. The major inhabitants of Langtang are Tamangs, Lamas and other ethnic minorities. It is located on the north of Kathmandu sharing its border with Tibet. The region is protected under Langtang National Park which has a wide range of floras and faunas.
The sacred lake of Gosainkunda for Hindu devotees is inside the Langtang region. The trekking tails of Langtang passes through traditional ethnic villages, dense forests, glaciers, Buddhist monasteries. Trekkers get to witness some great views of mountains like Langtang Lirung, Langsisa peak, Naya Kangri, Gang Chhenpo, Dorje Lakpa, Himchuli, Manaslu, Gauri Shankar, Shisapangma.
Please refer to the itinerary section for day-by-day activities.
After your arrival at the airport in Kathmandu, you will be greeted by one of our representatives who will later transfer you to a pre-booked hotel in Kathmandu.
After hotel check in, you can decide whether you would like to have a relaxing rest at the hotel or hang around the streets of Kathmandu.
We will organize a guided city tour in Kathmandu where you get to discover several historical, cultural and spiritual attractions of Kathmandu. You will be seeing the world heritage sites like historical Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of lord Pashupatinath, Buddhist pilgrimage Swoyambhunath (famous by the name of Monkey temple among tourists), Boudhanath Shrine and many more cultural and natural monuments.
The Kathmandu city tour also lets you understand the urban lifestyle of people of Nepal. Later we will have a discussion session where we discuss our trek plan and preparation.
We will catch a vehicle that will drive us to Syabru Besi (trek start point) today. It will take us approximately eight hours to reach Syabru Besi from Kathmandu. On our way we will enjoy the Himalayan views along with terraced fields, lush vegetation and rustic villages. We will stop at Trishuli bazaar for lunch and continue via Dhunche to reach Syabru Besi.
We will start our trekking expedition from Syabru Besi today. We will cross the suspension bridge and continue to walk through the dense forest and reach Doman. We then take a steep climb over a rocky ridge to reach Paira lodge. Further ascending, we reach Rimche and then to Lama Hotel. It will take approximately seven hours to reach Lama Hotel from Syabru Besi.
We start our expedition passing through a dense forest filled with hemlock, oaks, and rhododendron. The trail offers magical views of Langtang Lirung and other peaks along the way.
We first ascend to Ghora Tabela (2970m) and later descend to Thangshyap (3140m) before ascending to Langtang. We will witness water mills, prayer wheels, chortens and sacred carved rocks along our way.
Upon reaching Langtang village, we will check-in to the pre-booked hotel and rest for the night.
The sixth day of our expedition is reserved for acclimatization and exploration around the magical Langtang Valley. You may choose to walk or hire a horse for sightseeing in Langtang Valley. You can hike up the moraine north of Kyanjin Gompa (4300m) and enjoy the spectacular views of Langtang Lirung, Kinshung and Yansa Tsenji along with other alluring mountains.
The Gompa also offers a scenic view of the Lirung glacier and other natural wonders of Langtang. After a day full around Langtang valley, we get back to the guest house.
We start our day passing through Yak pastures and ascend to Sindhum and Yamphu. We also pass through the largest mani wall in Nepal made of stone with prayers written on them.
We climb a moraine to a viewpoint where we can see Kyanjin Gompa and dramatic icefall flowing from Langtang Lirung and Kinshung. The trail then descends to Kyanjin Gompa. Kyanjin Gompa is surrounded by the Himalayas and offers superb views of glaciers, icefalls and Himalayas along with other natural attractions.
We will trace back to Lama Hotel today. We wake up early in the morning and visit Tserko Ri (5000m) to enjoy the sunrise view over the mountains. The sunrise view from Tserko Ri is simply breathtaking. We will spend some time in Tserko Ri capturing the magical moments in our cameras. We will then trace back to Lama hotel for the overnight stay.
The trail back to Syabru Besi is quite easy, mostly downhill through the lush forest. It will take us approximately five hours to reach Syabru Besi. We will end our trekking expedition upon reaching Syabru Besi.
We will drive back to Kathmandu today. It will take us approximately 8 hours to reach Kathmandu. Upon reaching Kathmandu you may choose to take rest at the hotel or hang around the city buying gifts for your near and dear ones.
We will organize a farewell dinner at an authentic Nepali restaurant later in the evening.
Your trip to the majestic country of Nepal comes to an end today! You will be escorted by one of our representatives to the international terminal of Kathmandu airport approximately three hours before your flight.
We exchange our last good-byes and now you will be leaving Nepal with all the good memories you had during the wonderful trekking adventure in the Langtang region.
We hope you had a lovely time with us. Have a safe flight back home!
- Airport transfers by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Three nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city tours including all entry fees, tour guide and private vehicle.
- Transportations from Kathmandu – Syabru Besi - Kathmandu transfers by Local bus.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Highly experienced & friendly Government licensed guide and his food, accommodation, transportation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance.
- Duffle bag, down jacket and sleeping bag during the trek.
- First aid medical kit.
- Langtang National Park Permits fee.
- TIMS Fee - Trekkers' Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes & service charge.
- Breakfree Adventures T - shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate.
- Any meals other than breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International airfare.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory).
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Jan to Feb) as well.