- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4984 meters
- Gosainkunda Lake.
- Langtang Valley.
- Langtang National Park
- Local Cheese Factory
The 9-day trek commences from Kathmandu, leading towards Syabrubesi from where the actual hiking starts. The trek then follows the Langtang valley heading up to the Langtang glacier and the Tibetan border to Langtang village. This narrow village settled between the Himalayan ranges to the north and south, provides a spectacular view of snow-capped peaks including Langtang Lurung, and Lanshisha Ri. Continuing from Langtang village, the trek continues to Kyangijn Gompa, Lama Hotel, Chandan Bari ultimately leading to the final destination of the trek, Gosainkunda Lake.
Gosainkunda Lake has a unique combination of natural beauty and cultural richness. It is a sacred lake for adherents of Hinduism and Buddhism. During the Janai Purnima (full moon festival) in August, thousands of pilgrims from Nepal, India and other Asian countries visit this holy lake to take a bath in the holy water, believing it will wash off all their sins. Gosainkunda Lake is believed to have formed from the digging of the land by trident of Lord Shiva to obtain water to quench the thirst after consuming poison.
Your walk ascends through the beautiful Himalayan ranges to Gosainkunda with a number of adjoining mountains, astonishing rhododendron forests and a wide variety of flora and fauna. Enjoy the natural world in a different way. This journey also has stunning views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Annapurna massif.
This is a challenging trek that may be difficult for first timers or even for experienced trekkers. But we truly believe you can conquer it! With our experienced members, more than ninety percent of trekkers have successfully completed this trek without any injury or difficulty along the way.
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi
Day 2: Trek from Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2470m)
Day 3: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3430m)
Day 4: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin (3870m)
Day 5: Kyangjin Gompa exploration day
Day 6: Trek from Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2470m)
Day 7: Trek from Lama Hotel (2470m) to Thulo Syabru (2260m)
Day 8: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (3250m)
Day 9: Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda–Lauribinayak(3920m)
Day 10: Trek from Gosaikunda to Sing Gompa (3250m)
Day 11: Trek from Sing Gompa to Dhunche
Day 12: Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu
- Best available lodge, guesthouse accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- A local government licensed English speaking guide during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
- Langtang National Park permits.
- Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag by Base Camp Adventure (to be returned after the trek).
- First aid medical kits.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Single Supplement
- Your travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Personal spending such as alcoholic or extra drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Sightseeing/entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Earn US$ 19+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.