- duration 5 days
- tour type Independent
- max group size 10
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike through lower altitudes in Nepal.
- Spot rhododendron and oak forests.
- See the Himalayas.
- Trek to Dhulikhel.
Trekking through Nepal doesn't need to be a huge investment in your travel schedule, budget, or cardiovascular endurance. This five-day trek travels through lower altitudes, making this once-in-a-lifetime activity more approachable. Hike alongside rhododendron and oak forests in Chisopani, capture sunset at Nagarkot, and visit Namo Buddha, one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in the country. Cross a Nepal trekking experience off your travel to-do list — without scaling the heights of Everest.
Day 1: Kathmandu/Nagi Gompa (1D)
Day 2: Nagi Gompa/Jarsingh Pauwa (1B)
Day 3: Jarsingh Pauwa/Nagarkot
Day 4: Nagarkot/Dhulikhel
Day 5: Dhulikhel/Kathmandu
- Simple tea houses/guest houses (3 nts), monastery (1 nt).
2 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD100-130 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking.
- G Adventures representative, local guide.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities, Local guide, Monastery stay
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kathmandu Valley Trek Independent Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 20+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kathmandu Valley Trek Independent Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kathmandu Valley Trek Independent Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kathmandu Valley Trek Independent Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 2 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Independent TravelIndependent trips are either entire trips you take privately or solo extensions to a group tour. Local staff are available on standby 24/7.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.