- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Excellent taste of trekking in Nepal without long commitment required or an extensive packing list
- Diverse styles of accommodation and the ability to see all the different aspects of life in Nepal
- Exploring beautiful Kathmandu valley and visit Changu Narayan, oldest temple in Nepal
- See the many historic and holy sites of Nepal and discover the cultural roots of the Nepalese people
Travel to Nepal and enjoy a four-day adventure through some of the spectacular countryside surrounding Kathmandu. Trek from Shivapuri to Bhaktapur and meet with monks, watch a spectacular sunrise and explore medieval towns - always in view of the vast Himalayas. Along the way, stay in simple yet comfortable teahouses, and get an up close look at Nepalese life.
Kathmandu/Sundarijal to Chisapani trek
Nagarkot to Bhaktapur trek
Bhaktapur - Kathmandu
- Guesthouse (1 nightt), Hotel (1 night), Teahouse (1 night)
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Sundarijal to Chisapani trek
- Shivapuri National Park
- Bhaktapur - Changu Narayan Temple
- Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour
- Bhaktapur - Durbar Square
- Nagarkot to Bhaktapur trek
- Any international flights to/from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kathmandu Valley Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 15+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kathmandu Valley Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kathmandu Valley Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kathmandu Valley Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a join-in trip rather than a scheduled group trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities but you may also be lucky enough to have the trek to yourself.
- While no where near as challenging as a multi-day trek at altitude such as Everest Base Camp, you will still need excellent fitness for this trek as you will be trekking 5-7 hours a day on Days 1-3.
- Take note of the time of year you are trekking to know what to expect weather wise. While June-August is monsoon, weather conditions can be unpredictable at any time of the year including rain and fog which can make views cloudy and the ground muddy.
- A duffel bag is provided on this trip, along with a porter. Your porter can carry up to 8kg per traveller. Other luggage can be left in Kathmandu.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers