- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Maximum altitude 2300 meters
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Enjoy a relaxing and easy trek on nontouristy trails
- Experience excellent views of the Himalayan peaks from Nagarkot
- Visit Namobhudda monastery
Kathmandu valley trekking covers the most interesting area like Shivapuri forest, Sundarijal, Chisapani, Nagarkot, Dhulikhel, Namo Buddha and many more. Kathmandu valley trekking starts by hiking around Shivapuri watershed forest, from Sundarijal, and gradually hike up to Mulkharka. Then we walk along the valley with great scenery of wonderful jungle as covered with different vegetation and then get to Chisapani. From where you can see nearest Mountain like Manaslu, Ganesh Himal range, Langtang range and many more super views of Himalayas along with sunrise/sunset can be observed. From these village trekkers will feel quiet environment then Kathmandu and birds are chanting with them as a smile.
Likewise, the following day we trek along the way to Nagarkot, the best viewpoint for Mt. Everest and other including sunrise/ sunset views. Another day We walk side of the jungle down to Nala village which is about 3 and a half hour down trail walk. Then we have to walk about 2 hours to get Dhulikhel. From Dhulikhel trek start to Namobuddha which is a small village which houses are built as typically Nepalese style with rocks, wood, bricks, wood, and tiles in the rooftop. The famous Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery is also located, which is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site in Nepal and one of the holy place in the world. For Buddhist pilgrimage, it is known as the famous place. Where the Buddha, in a previous life as a prince, gave his body to a starving tigress and her cubs. At end of the of Kathmandu valley trekking, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Chisapani
Day 2: Trek from Chisapani to Nagarkot (2175m)
Day 3: Trek from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel (1550m)
Day 4: Trek to Namobuddha & drive back to Kathmandu (1775m)
- Private Transport Kathmandu to Sundarijal & near Namobuddha to Kathmandu
- Shivapuri National park entry fees & necessary local permit
- Accommodation with breakfast
- Gov. Licensed experienced trekking guide
- Lunch and evening meals
- Personal expenses Lunch, laundry, bar bills, bottle water, etc
- Tips for guide
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.