- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5400 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Magnificient views of mountains including Everest, Kanchejunga and Makalu
- Challenge yourself on this long, onceinalifetime trek
- Explore Kachenjunga base camp and cross Mirgin La Pass at 4,480 meters
- Trek through the most isolated and beautiful region of Nepal
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking is a long trekking trail with beautiful mountains & adventurous journey into the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area along the Himalayas of Eastern Nepal. The trek begins in tropical lowlands and takes us to great heights where you are surrounded by snow-capped mountains on all sides. The region is protected as the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, which spreads across 2,035 sq. km with a rich diversity of wildlife such as red panda, Himalayan black bear, snow leopard, etc. Mount Kanchenjunga (8,586m), the third highest peak in the world and the second highest peak of Nepal is located within the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. It was opened in 1988 for the foreigner travelers. This route presents the panoramic view of mountains such as Lhotse, Makalu, Everest, and Kanchenjunga, which soars above eight thousand meters. Kanchenjunga Base Camp trekking is one of the best and well-known trekking routes in the Himalayan region of Nepal to the adventurers.
Customer reviews about Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt Ltd.5 - ExcellentBased on 25 reviews
Christina's review for another Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt Ltd. tour
5 - Excellent
“It was such a memorable moment in our life. Everest base camp trek offers not only the views of giant mountains, but it also gives a chance to explore the culture of the Sherpa community, valleys and the remoteness of Khumbu region.”
Sofie's review for another Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt Ltd. tour
5 - Excellent
“It was my first time in Nepal having the Himalayan experience. My husband and I were planning to spend our holiday in Nepal for a long time, and also it was my longtime dream to trek to Himalaya and be in the mountains. We then finally decided to venture for both Gokyo and Everest Base Camp which later turned into a lifetime experience for us. Having completed this trek successfully with the help of the Glorious Himalaya Team, we had luck with the weather and everything went as per the plan. Despite the cold weather and physical challenges, we made it with the help of porters and our guide Roshan. We enjoyed every moment in the mountains and would like to thank the entire team of Glorious Himalaya for excellently organizing this trip for us. We will definitely be back to Nepal with our children shortly and recommend this trek to everyone!!!”
Stewart's review for another Glorious Himalaya Trekking Pvt Ltd. tour
4 - Very Good
ITINERARY Expand All
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m)
Day 2: Obtain special trekking permits and free day.
Day 3: Fly to Bhadrapur & drive to Illam
Day 4: Drive to Suketar (2,420 m) & Trek to Lalikharka
Day 5: Trek from Lalikharka (2,265 m) to Khesewa (2,120 m)
Day 6: Trek from Khesewa to Mamankhe (1,785 m)
Day 7: Trek from Mamankhe to Yamphudin (2,080 m)
Day 8: Trek from Yamphudin to Tortong (2,995 m)
Day 9: Trek from Tortong to Cheram (3,870 m)
Day 10: Acclimatization and rest day at Cheram
Day 11: Trek from Cheram to Ramchaur (Ramche) (4,580 m)
Day 12: Ramchaur - Yalung Base Camp (4,500 m) & back to Cheram
Day 13: Trek from Cheram to Sele La (4,290 m)
Day 14: Trek from Sele La to Ghunsa (3,595 m)
Day 15: Trek from Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050 m)
Day 16: Trek from Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780 m)
Day 17: Trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp & overnight at Pangpema
Day 18: Trek from Pangpema (5,143 m) to Lhonak
Day 19: Trek from Lhonak to Ghunsa (3,475 m)
Day 20: Trek from Ghunsa to Amjilosa (2,308 m)
Day 21: Trek from Amjilosa to Chirwa (1,270 m)
Day 22: Trek from Chirwa to Phurumbu (1,549 m)
Day 23: Trek from Phurumbu to Suketar
Day 24: Drive to Bhadrapur
Day 25: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 26: Depart from Nepal
- Airport and hotel shuttle as per the itinerary.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu with cultural dance show
- 3 nights deluxe hotel accommodations in Kathmandu city inclusive breakfast.
- 22 nights local lodges/guest houses accommodations during the trek.
- All the essential trekking permits and entrance fees
- One experienced local trekking guide
- Round domestic airfare from Kathmandu - Bhadrapur - Kathmandu
- Round private jeep drive from Bhadrapur - Suketar - Bhadrapur
- Full board meals during the trek. (25-breakfast, 22-lunch and 23-dinner)
- First aid medical kits and Kanchenjunga base camp trek route map.
- All applicable taxes and company service charge.
- Appreciation certificate after trip completion.
- Company duffel bags and sleeping bags to use for the trek.
- Add on porter for trek
- Kathmandu sightseeing
- International flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Tips to the trekking guide and porters
- Nepal entry visa
- Porter for the trek.
Why Book with Bookmundi
- Save +US$ 72 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
What are customers saying about Bookmundi
CiraSo far, Soooo Good, Danielle Lee has been very helpful. Can't w... Read more
DanielPrompt customer service Read more
RalphThe agent Emma Brown was very good and very helpful. In retrosp... Read more
MathiasGreat site, price and service. Would definitely recommend Bookmu... Read more
SueExcellent service, especially considering I made a late evening ... Read more
AnonymousHad a great experience. Their site is great, and the customer su... Read more
MaryWe had a wonderful trip to Upper Mustang in Nepal in Aug 2019. O... Read more
AbhiruchiGood customer service, very helpful with queries, easy to book o... Read more
AnonymousI did not know Bookmundi to start with so was a bit hesitant to ... Read more
UgneThe site is super user-friendly and it was really easy to find w... Read more
LinBookmundi is very helpful, and responds promptly to request. Exc... Read more
AnnaHad a great tour. The operator was professional and the tour was... Read more
FrederikHad a good experience with Bookmundi. Great price and excellent ... Read more
DaveThe booking experience was awesome and easy. We look forward to... Read more
AnonymousI had the BEST experience booking with bookmundi. My guide liste... Read more
MariettaThomas and Sarah (and all the rest) were very helpful for bookin... Read more
RameshGreat experience, Ms Marcarena was exceptional cooperative and p... Read more
DianaSarah was very good and patient with me as I think she realized ... Read more
SheenaSean was great at getting back to me with my questions answered ... Read more
CatherinePrompt and efficient reply to all enquiries. Lots of choice of d... Read more
PatrickBooking the tour was easy and the customer support was amazing. ... Read more
CANCELLATION Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.