- duration 25 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Embark on a challenging traverse through a region seldom visited by trekkers
- Follow the glacial torrent of the Tamur and Ghunsa Rivers to their source on the north west side of the Kanchenjunga Himal
- Cross the Mirgin La Pass (4500m), trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp and spend the night at Pangpema (5140m)
- Witness unsurpassed views of the Kanchenjunga massif, Makalu range and surrounding peaks including Jannu
One of the most picturesque and remote treks in the Nepal Himalaya. Eastern Nepal is characterised by greater diversity on many accounts; ethnic groups such as the Rai and Limbu people,a prolific range of flora due to the higher summer rainfall in the region, and some of the most outstanding mountain vistas anywhere in the Himalaya. By following the glacial torrent of the Tamur and Ghunsa Rivers to their source on the north west side of the Kanchenjunga Himal, we emerge to another world. Dwarfed by an alpine grandeur in almost every direction, peaks such as; Pyramid Peak, Jannu, the Twins and of course Kanchenjunga (8586m) dominate the setting. It is no less dramatic on our southern traverse of the mountain on the return journey by way of the Mirgin La Pass (4500m). This is a challenging traverse through a region seldom visited in recent years.
Day 1 : Join Kathmandu
Day 2 : Fly to Bhadrapur, drive to Taplejung (1820m)
Day 3 : Trek To Mitlung (921m). Walk approx. 4hrs
Day 4 : To Chirwa (1190m). Walk approx. 5hrs.
Day 5 : To Sekathum (1640m). Walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 6 : Trek to Amjilasha (2490m). Walk approx. 6 hrs.
Day 7 : To Gepla (2730m). Walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 8 : Trek to Ghunsa (3430m). Walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 9 : Rest & acclimatisation in Ghunsa.
Day 10 : Trek to Kambachen (4040m). Walk approx. 6hrs.
Day 11 : Trek to Lhonak (4790m). Walk approx. 7hrs.
Day 12 : To Kangchenjunga Base Camp (Pangpema) (5140m). Walk approx. 4hrs.
Day 13 : Return to Kambachen (4040m). Walk approx. 7hrs.
Day 14 : Return to Ghunsa (3430m). Walk approx. 4 Hrs
Day 15 : To Selele Base Camp (4500m). Walk approx. 6 hrs.
Day 16 : To Tseram (3870m) via Mirgin La Pass (4480m). Walk approx. 8hrs.
Day 17 : To Ramche (4620m) via Octang, Yalung Glaciers. Walk approx. 7hrs.
Day 18 : To Dorongdin (3000m). Walk approx. 7hrs
Day 19 : To Sherpa Gaun (Yamphudim) (2080m). Walk approx. 8hrs.
Day 20 : Trek to Phumpe Danda (1858m). Walk approx. 6-7hrs.
Day 21 : Trek to Kade Vanjyang (2129m) Walk approx 5-6hrs.
Day 22 : Trek to Lali Kharka (2265m). Walk approx 6-7 hours.
Day 23 : Trek to Suketar (2420m), walk approx. 3-4hrs & drive to Bhadrapur 7-8hrs.
Day 24 : Fly to Kathmandu
Day 25 : In Kathmandu, trip concludes.
- Airport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 25 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World Expeditions
- Good quality accommodation in Kathmandu and basic accommodation in Bhadrapur
- 24 breakfasts, 22 lunches and 22 dinners including all meals on trek valued at US$1100
- Flight Kathmandu/Bhadrapur/Kathmandu valued at US$420
- Private air conditioned transportation
- Expert bilingual guide and medical kit
- 20kg luggage allowance
- Special permit US$40
- Use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Porter's insurance
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 222 today.
- Save US$ 147+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kanchenjunga Base Camp tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Kanchenjunga Base Camp tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kanchenjunga Base Camp tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.