- Island Peak
- Tyangboche Monastery
- Everest base camp and Kala Patthar
- Sherpa culture, tradition and lifestyle
This trip takes you to the heights of Himalayan peaks, immersing you in snow-capped mountains, glistening glaciers and roaring sacred rivers. After reaching Everest Base Camp and the peak of Kala Patthar, its time to either try out your mountaineering skills, or, if you are a novice, we will introduce you to the world of climbing, teaching you technical skills to help you reach the summit of Island Peak.
Sleeping under the stars in the Himalayan wonderland, we begin our ascent from Base Camp to the pinnacle of Island Peak, standing amongst the giants of the Himalayas at 6187 meters. Not many places on earth offer such magical views of the worlds highest and most beautiful mountains. You will be able to get outstanding, views of Thamserku (6618m), Makalu (8485m), Ama Dablam (6828m), Baruntse (7168m), Lhotse (8501m), Lhotse Shar (8386m), Peak 38 (7590m), Kusum Kanguru (6367m) and the Dudh Kosi Valley are all yours for the taking when you reach the top of Island Peak.
We kindly refer to the Day-by-Day itinerary for a detailed description of this tour. Please do not hesitate to contact us here at Bookmundi, should you need further information.
Day 2: Phakding to Namche Bazar. (3440m/5 hours.)
Day 3: Rest/Acclimatization.
Day 4: Trek to Tyangboche Monastery. (3860m/5 hours.)
Day 5: Trek to Pheriche. (4280m/5 hours.)
Day 6: Trek to Lobuche. (4940m/6 hours.)
Day 7: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5300m) and back to Gorak Shep. (5170m/8 hours total.)
Day 8: Hike up to Kala Patthar (5545m) then trek to Dingboche. (4360m/8 hours total.)
Day 9: Trek to Chukkung. (4750m/2.5 hours.)
Day 10: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp. (5090m/5 hours.)
Day 11-12: Summit to Island Peak (6173m) and return to Base Camp. (5090.)
Day 13: Trek to Debouche. (3770/7 hours.)
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazar. (3440m/5 hours.)
Day 15: Trek to Lukla. (2840m/6 hours.)
Day 16: Morning Flight to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel that you have booked.
- Required transfers by private vehicle
- All required permit (TIMS, National park entry, climbing royalty, garbage deposit)
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight ticket
- Standard meals (Brekfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climbing
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Camping accommodation for 2 night during climbing
- English speaking guide, and required number of porters (includes their wages, accommodation, food and insurance)
- General climbing equipment like ice screw, snow bar, rope etc
- All tax and official expenses
- Beverages (tea/coffee, coke/fanta, bottled water etc)
- Extras (battery charging, above Namche bucket of hot water for shower etc)
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel Insurance.