- duration 21 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 6189 meters
- View landscapes including the Himalayan panorama that gradually come closer
- Experience authentic Sherpa culture in the mountainous villages
- See highland monasteries and the sacred Mani Walls engraved with Buddhist prayers
- Enjoy the exceptional floral and faunal biodiversity of Sagarmatha National Park
In this combined package, you traverse the entire Everest region. This tour is perfect for ambitious trekkers who want to cross high altitude passes and also summit a Himalayan peak. Although peak-climbing is involved, this tour does not require technical climbing skills, you just have to be fit and healthy.
To get to Island peak, you walk up the Dudh Koshi Valley from Lukla, walking through Namche and Tengboche, then to Kala Patthar and finally reach Everest Base Camp. From here, you will get extremely close-up views of Mt. Everest and a get to enjoy mesmerizing sunrise views over the snow-capped peaks on top of the Khumbu Glacier. Then, we descend to Chhukung and get ready for the challenging Island Peak climb. This trekking peak is suitable for all and no previous mountaineering experience is needed.
The ascent to Island peak features plenty of glaciers, moderate snow and some ice climbing. Although it is mostly a non-technical climb, you’ll need some basic snow climbing skills to get to the peak, which we will teach you. Once on the summit, you’ll get a breathtaking view of the nearby Lhotse, Everest, and other Himalayan peaks.
The 3-passes trek, which this tour also includes, takes you across the three high mountain passes of Kongma La (5,540 m), Cho La (5,335 m) and Renjo La (5,400 m). The Kongma La pass leads us to the Imja valley.
This Island Peak Climbing and Everest 3 High Passes tour links with the four distinct valleys of Bhotekoshi, Gokyo, Khumbu and Imja tse in the Everest region. It is an unforgettable trekking and climbing experience in Nepal. We look forward to take you on this journey of a lifetime.
From my arrival in Kathmandu, everything was very well organized until I leave the country. I was taken care of by Rajendra, the owner, who made sure I had everything I needed and lended me some missing equipment for the trek.
During the 3 weeks of the trek, my guide Kanchha was outstanding ! He was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He always made sure I was comfortable and safe and patiently waited for me and even helped me carry some of my stuff during the most challenging parts of the climb :).
This has been an amazing experience and I highly recommend Friends Adventure Team for trekking Nepal.
I will definitely come back for another trek !”
Day 1: Fly to Lukla (2840m) and Trek to Phakding (2610m)
Day 2: Trek to Namche (3440m)
Day 3: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar
Day 4: Trek to Thame (3820m)
Day 5: Trek to Lungden (4368m)
Day 6: Acclimatization and Rest day in Lungden
Day 7: Trek to Gokyo(4790m) via Renjo La pass (5360m)
Day 8: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5360m) and trek to Thangna (4700m)
Day 9: Trek to Dzongla (4,8300m) via Chola pass (5420m)
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4910m)
Day 11: Trek to EBC (5364m) Overnight in Gorakshep (5140m)
Day 12: Hike Up to Kalapattar (5550m) and Trek to Lobuche
Day 13: Chukung (4730m) via Kongma La Pass (5535m)
Day 14: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (4970m)
Day 15: Climbing Clinic Course / Rest in Base Camp
Day 16: Summit Island peak (6189m), Back to Base Camp
Day 17: Trek to Dingboche (4410m)
Day 18: Trek to Tengboche (3860m)
Day 19: Trek to Namche (3446m)
Day 20: Trek to Lukla
Day 21: Fly back to Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- Round Flight ticket for Up and Down (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with airport TAX.
- Standard Lodge/Guest House accommodation (best available) with twin sharing basis during the trek.
- Accommodation in Tented Camp while on the Island Peak Climbing period.
- Full Board Meals (3 Meals a day) while on the trek and Climbing.
- Trekking, Climbing Permit and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- Professional & highly expertise government licensed holder local Trekking and Climbing Guide.
- All expenses of the staffs (Guides/Porters) that includes Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary trekking gear for porters like jacket /trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Climbing Clinic Course at Base Camp.
- All required group climbing gear: figure of eight, carabineer, helmet, climbing rope etc.
- Friends Adventure Team’s Sleeping Bag, Walking Poles and Duffel Bag, to be return after trip completed.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit Bag.
- Arrangement of all rescue and evacuation promptly, in Worst Condition
- Trekking Map, Friends Adventure Team's special Souvenir.
- Hotel at KTM
- Meals and Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Porters to carry luggage (you can add a porter when booking).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- All desserts, sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Medical and Travel Insurance and Emergency rescue by any means of Transportation including Helicopter evacuation if required.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival).
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Any other item not included in "Product Includes" Section
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.