- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 24 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 35
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Climb Island Peak, one of Nepal's most popular trekking peaks
- Reach the base camp of Mount Everest, the world's highest mountain
- See the beautiful Gokyo Lakes
- Cross three mountain passes, including Renjo La and Cho La
Your journey starts on the second day of this trip with a 30-minute flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Follow the route used by those travelling to Everest Base Camp all the way to Namche Bazaar. Then continue to Thame, the famous birthplace of mountaineering legend Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, and cross the Renjo La Pass on Day 8 of this trek. Enjoy the serene beauty of the Gokyo Lakes and climb Gokyo Ri, from where you can see numerous mountains over 8,000 metres.
Hit the trail for Gorakhshep. Cross the Cho La Pass, located 5,420 metres above sea level. Your next destination is Everest Base Camp, the starting point of those heading for the top of the world, where you will reach on Day 13. Enjoy majestic views of Mount Everest and other peaks in the Himalayas from Kala Patthar.
Strap on your boots and head for the final highlight of the itinerary, Island Peak. First a downhill journey from Gorakhshep brings you to Lobuche. From there the route ascends to Chhukung via the Kongma La Pass. Spend a night in Island Peak Base Camp before summiting the peak known as Imja Tse among the locals.
Jutting up from the fringe of the Chhukung Valley, the peak's base camp is conveniently located to allow climbers to summit the peak and return to the camp in one day. In addition to being an excellent mountain for novice climbers and thrill seekers alike, the peak also offers wonderful panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas.
It is time to return after having summited Island Peak. Continue your journey downhill through Chhukung, Pangboche and Namche Bazaar to reach Lukla, from where a flight whisks you back to Kathmandu.
Please note that there are two reserve days in the itinerary just in case there is any delay during the trip.
Thank you for taking the time to share your trip to Nepal here on Bookmundi. We are happy to note that there were many aspects of your treks you enjoyed. We do hope you will give us another opportunity when your plans bring you back to the Nepal and would be delighted to assist with the same services next time.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Everything was as on description, very good communication, good service and reasonable price. I can highly recommend that company if you want to do any Nepal trip.
NCA would like to thank you for your precious time reviewing us on BM. Really appreciated and look forward organising more great adventures in the Himalaya again in the near future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
We thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate it a lot and willing to serve you again in future.
Nepal Climbing Adventure Team”
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival
Day 2: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding
Day 3: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Stay in Namche Bazaar for acclimatisation
Day 5: Trek to Thame
Day 6: From Thame to Lungden
Day 7: Acclimatisation day in Lugden
Day 8: Renjo La Pass & Gokyo Lakes
Day 9: Day hike to the fifth lake and back
Day 10: Climb Gokyo Ri and continue to Thangnak
Day 11: Cross Cho La Pass
Day 12: Trek to Gorakhshep (5,164m)
Day 13: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,365m) and back to Gorakhshep
Day 14: Trek to Kala Patthar and continue to Lobuche
Day 15: Cross Kongma La Pass & trek to Chhukung
Day 16: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp
Day 17: Island Peak summit and back to Chhukung
Day 18: Reserve day
Day 19: Trek to Pangboche
Day 20: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 21: Trek to Lukla
Day 22: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 23: Reserve day
Day 24: Kathmandu departure
- Airport pickup and drop off. Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight tickets
- 3 night's tourist-standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast. Guesthouse and tented camp accommodation during the trek
- Meals as per the above itinerary
- Island Peak climbing permits. Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park entrance fees & Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality fee
- One high-altitude climbing leader (a Sherpa guide) licensed by the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) for the summit attempt
- Group climbing equipment such as ropes, ice axe, ice screws, snow bars, and carbine. A satellite phone (for emergency contact)
- A first aid medical kit & an oxymeter. We will help you with rescue and evacuation arrangements in case of an emergency
- A sleeping bag, down jacket & a duffel bag (to be returned after the trek is over)
- All taxes
- Nepal visa fees (USD30 for 15 days and USD50 for 30 days at the time of preparing this itinerary)
- International flight tickets
- Travel/medical insurance that covers high-altitude climbing as well as accidents, emergencies and chopper evacuation
- Personal climbing gear (crampons, climbing boots & mountaineering outfits)
- Expenses that are personal in nature such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc
- Bar and beverage bills
- Porter for carrying luggage (you can add on when booking)
- Additional nights in hotels in Kathmandu (early arrival, late departure as well as early return from the trek)
- Meals except those mentioned on the itinerary
- Tips to your guide and porter
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- An average group size of maximum 8 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
- What happens if someone gets altitude sickness, does the rest of the group continue on?
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.