- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18-55 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Summit Island Peak (6,189m)
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Khumbu Icefall & the Himalayas
- Trek to the base camp of Mount Everest
Catch the flight to Lukla from Kathmandu on the first day of the tour. The first part of this trip involves trekking to Everest Base Camp, where you travel via Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Lobuche, and Gorakshep. You will reach Everest Base Camp on Day 8 of the trip before heading for Island Peak via Dingboche on Day 9. Climb Island Peak on Day 11 and trek to Chhukung. Hike back to Lukla on the second-last day of the trip. Catch the flight to Kathmandu on the last day of the tour.
While Everest Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the world, Island Peak (6,189m) is an emerging attraction in the Everest region. Known among the locals as Imja Tse, this peak is suitable for climbers of all levels, from beginners to professionals climbers. For more details about this tour, please go through the itinerary below.
The guide (Buddhi), porters and all the combinations throughout our trek were great. Buddhi was very humble and even played football with my young boys. He made sure we are happy and comfortable. The hotels and lodges arranged by Ganesh/Buddhi throughout the whole trek (Namche Bazar, Tengboche, Lukla) were really comfortable, well placed, neat and tidy with the delicacy of meals and service.
I would highly recommend Glorious Himalaya for trekking in Nepal.”
Unfortunately ABC route has been closed due to avalanche just before the two days of our journey. Agency owner Mr. Ganesh promptly informs us and suggested some alternatives with pros and cons. We just relied on him to do on behalf of us and requested to take the chance till last point. He redesigned accordingly and suggested optimum solution which also capable to reroute to ABC if we become fortunate again. We went till Chomrong via Poonhill-Ghorepani and observed the similar situation stated by him earlier.
The most entertaining thing was selection of accommodations which was excellent choice in terms of scenic position & comfort ability to roam around in leisure time though sometimes we have to slightly compromise the lodging facilities. The guide & porters were with us like presidential guards to facilitate till whenever we went to sleep. Their positive attitude always inspired us to overcome all challenging situation during trekking.
On the whole, Glorious Himalaya Trekking ltd. managed the entire tour so entertaining, comfortable and undoubting that I will like to select them for my next trekking. In a single sentence, Glorious Himalaya Trekking ltd. knows to provide positive customer experience with professionalism”
Day 1: Kathmandu - Lukla flight and trek to Phakding (2796m)
Day 2: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Day 3: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day
Day 4: Namche Bazaar - Tengboche (3860m)
Day 5: Tengboche - Pheriche (4410m)
Day 6: Pheriche acclimatization day
Day 7: Pheriche - Lobuche (4,910m)
Day 8: Trek to Gorakshep (5,140m) & Everest Base Camp (5,364m)
Day 9: Gorakshep - Kala Patthar and trek to Dingboche
Day 10: Dingboche - Island Peak Base Camp (5,050m)
Day 11: Climb Island Peak (6,165m) and trek to Chhukung
Day 12: Chhukung - Namche Bazaar
Day 13: Namche Bazaar - Lukla
Day 14: Lukla - Kathmandu (flight)
- A professional trekking guide for the EBC trek and a professional Sherpa mountain guide for Island peak climbing.
- Full-board meals your during climbing period at Island peak base camp .
- Twin-share accommodation in local lodges during the trek. One night in a tented accommodation in Island Peak Base Camp.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu airline tickets. Pickup from your hotel in Kathmandu on Day 1 and drop-off to the hotel on Day 14
- Company duffel bags and sleeping bags (to be returned after the trek is over). Basic climbing equipment including ropes, snow bars, eight figures, etc
- A first aid medical kit (will be carried by your trekking guide)
- All the essential trekking permits and fees for the trek. Island peak climbing permits
- All the airport and hotel transfer as per the itinerary.
- Trekking and climbing certificate after successful peak summit.
- All applicable taxes and company service charge.
- Helicopter rescue in-case of emergency evacuation. (in this case you should have your own insurance)
- International flight tickets
- Nepal travel visa
- Kathmandu hotel accommodation
- Tips to the trekking guide, climbing and porters
- Personal climbing equipments
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary or the 'What's included' section
- Porter and meals during the trek.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, after which the deposit becomes non-refundable.
How much money do I need to bring with me?
Your personal budget obviously depends on your spending habits and what is included in your trip cost. If accommodation is included, but meals are not, we would suggest that you bring around 30 USD per day per person for meals. Having a hot shower or charging your device sometimes costs extra. There are also sometimes small crafts/souvenirs to buy along the trekking route which you may want to bring extra money for. Also, consider whether you would be staying in Kathmandu or Pokhara before or after your trek.
What is the weather going to be like when I travel to Everest Base Camp?
The weather in Nepal varies by season. For example, November to January is the dry season with sunny days, clear skies and usually no rain. However, on Everest Base Camp, the temperatures at this altitude will be cold, particularly at night. February to May and September to October is the most popular time to travel to EBC, with usually fairly dry and stable weather, although there may be the occasional shower. June to August is monsoon season in Nepal, but once you pass 3,000 meters altitude there is less and less rain. Check out our guide on the best time to visit Nepal for more on specific monthly climate and seasons.
- How does it work with a porter?
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
- Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?